The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Can I please have a bigger bath!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 31/03/2011 : 22:33:03
Sanke: 'Now I've seen you have a load of bowls in that cupboard under the fish tank, why have you given me this thimble'.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 11/04/2011 : 21:56:01
Crawley in sussex is so close to me...lucky i didnt know about that!

He looks so inquisitive, very nice character!
reptiledanny Posted - 10/04/2011 : 19:43:18
ahh that vid is so cute, thats what my bullet does when you get him out, even if you walk to the other side of the room he comes back to you
i really need one know, the parents will never win this battle
Lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 19:40:45
He was out for 15 minutes and held it in until he was put back. Still had to scrub my hands raw when I'd finished cleaning it up, it wasn't the poo that was bad and the urate balls was fine too but he's been in his water a lot and drinking lots and the wee was HUGE
n/a Posted - 10/04/2011 : 19:29:27
LOL - maybe you can train him to use a potty!

He sounds a right little ... er, Hogg Island!

Umm, so these guys get to 6' and have the manners of corns ...lovely!

Still hasn't put me off - quite ...

Just as long as HIBs don't do it in your lap like corns do - now THAT might deter me!
Lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 18:45:11
Maybe you got lucky, Sanke just pooped on his heat mat again and did a wee so big that it had spread onto all the kitchen roll in the RUB. Heat mat is a write off luckily I've a spare and this time its going on the outside. (to be honest don't know why I put it inside in the first place, live & learn) While I was cleaning it up and setting him up again he sat in his temporary box smiling at me. It then hit me, he is a baby, its only going to get bigger!!! What have I done, lol.
n/a Posted - 10/04/2011 : 18:25:13
Sold!

Never mind, I will keep on looking for Sula Boa...
n/a Posted - 10/04/2011 : 17:22:29
Aw thanks - that was lovely - he's a friendly lttle guy isn't he? My lot are pretty extrovert but I don't think any of them would actually climb on to my hand just like that. He's really gorgeous!

Still waiting re vendor but there's a phone no for evenings so if I hear nothing I'll phone or text him tonight. Wish me luck!
Lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 17:00:25
Cool, Sula Boa is a great name. Fingers are crossed for you now.

Oh and I was measuring Sanke and decided just for you BATS I would film Sanke responding to my hand in typical Sanke-stylee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5w1QqIMnw
n/a Posted - 10/04/2011 : 16:21:58
LOL - no way can I get down to Crawley but Leeds is reachable by bus/train. Thinking of making an offer for boa without setup, as I'm awash with spare rubs/mats/stats.

The vendor hasn't been back to me yet but been thinking of names. For quite some while now I've been haunted by the name Sula, which is Old Norse for 'gannet'.

Was googling Hogg Island and Honduras and looking out for likely names, when I spotted the mention of a city - San Pedro Sula (San Pedro in the valley of the birds ...)

That guy has to get back to me. It's meant.
Lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 15:30:57
I paid £150 just for the snake so yeah good price. Good luck with the negotiations.

Just had a sneaky spy on the 2 ads, go for the 4 lol. The one in Leeds isn't far at all!
n/a Posted - 10/04/2011 : 14:37:16
And guess what, there is a cb10 on preloved, in the next city to me, £200 ono plus rub etc.

Not going to rush into this, but, interesting ...

What really made me laugh is the photo of the 4 HIBs ...

for sale in (wait for it)

CRAWLEY, West Sussex!

ps...Erm ... responded to that ad. Is that a fair price, do you think?

n/a Posted - 10/04/2011 : 13:54:22
LOLLOLLOL ... groan!!

You have me seriously thinking!

It may be that Lil's Royal Wedding will not happen next autumn ...

It COULD be arranged that a Hogg Island could happen in this house, as all the royals and most of the corns could go upstairs and the boa and a corn could live in the living room (in separate vivs of course) with a little rearrangement of housing. I understand that it's not desirable to keep boas in proximity to royals because of the danger of IBD (or is that just scaremongering?) And do the same precautions apply to colubrids? Must google this.

I really am tempted - after all I've got three royals (and 6 gorgeous corns) - this could be a whole new direction!
Lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 13:31:08
PMSL, it happened to me too, the shop I visit lots has an adult, he is a rescue and has a few problems but he is just incredible looking the second I found out he had a few babies at home I just had to have one. From day 1 he has just been amazing too, not one bit shy, always wanting to climb me even if I'm just changing the water, he reminds me of a merekat or the raptors in Jurassic park (that aren't really raptors grr), every time he feels any movements I see this little head pop up out of the foliage in his RUB and have a good look round.

Basically BATS and reptiledanny you need a Boa in your life.
n/a Posted - 10/04/2011 : 12:27:38
Bob.

I am not talking to you.

I am now helplessly in love with Hogg Island boas and the only way I can make space for one is not to breed my royals (or else breed them and sell all the offspring, which will NEVER happen ...)

I mean, a boa that doesn't grow too big and is a hell of a lot more fun than a fibre-optic lamp ...

He is just FABULOUS!

Aaaagh!

Decisions!

Dilemmas!!!!

Fun, though.
Lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 11:03:29
I think its amazing how different he looks. He is quite sandy coloured through the day and his markings are a rusty colour, in the evenings he goes quite pink and at night when the lights have been off he goes a very pale blueish looking colour. I wouldn't have believed it myself that the colour change thing is so distinct and all the time but its amazing.

I am working out a way to photograph him several times in a day but under controlled lighting conditions and manual camera setup to properly document the changes.
Kelfezond Posted - 10/04/2011 : 09:52:26
Certainly is a cutiee
reptiledanny Posted - 10/04/2011 : 09:45:20
wow, i have some persuading to parents to do now, i am so in love with hoggs now
Lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 09:09:11
Just had a fish through my pictures and these ones are taken with him looking very light.

PINK

BLUE
reptiledanny Posted - 10/04/2011 : 09:05:49
wow, you need to put some photos up from when he is even lighter than that
Lotabob Posted - 09/04/2011 : 23:34:17
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

Oh my god bob I am absolutely in love with your boa. I love his light colour so much. where did you get him from??

Aww thanks, he is lovely, he goes lighter than that too, thats his through the day darker colour. he is from City Reptiles in Belfast.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000