The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Not a reptile... but he does have scales...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 21/06/2011 : 19:52:07
This is Pedro my fat and fancy goldfish... i tried to get a picture of the weather loach but he's so dark he just goes out of focus when i try to take pictures at the moment!

He's on a 2 day no food diet, because my boyfriend over fed him and so he was full of gas and kept tipping upside down because of the old swim bladder. So in protest, he decided to jam himself in a rock formation. I told him he's stuck because he's too fat lol. it was hilarious this morning so i could resist but take a couple of pics before rescuing the greedy bugger!

and he lined up with my ruler so you can see how big he is! He lives in a nice 4ft tank, and is looking for a friend to share the food bill and electric lol.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mystra Posted - 29/06/2011 : 10:30:48
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

My goldfish has knocked it about a bit, its not fixed and it does move. I've called it Mosstapher for no reason other than my own amusement.

LOL! Like me you Mosstapher strange sense of humour!

I must buy one for Hawkeye and Hotlips - they'd enjoy booting it up and down the tank ...

LOL!!
n/a Posted - 29/06/2011 : 10:12:22
quote:

My goldfish has knocked it about a bit, its not fixed and it does move. I've called it Mosstapher for no reason other than my own amusement.

LOL! Like me you Mosstapher strange sense of humour!

I must buy one for Hawkeye and Hotlips - they'd enjoy booting it up and down the tank ...
Lotabob Posted - 28/06/2011 : 23:35:07
mystra Posted - 28/06/2011 : 21:39:29
quote:

That looks great. Love that moss ball.

think i might have to get me one of those. I'll give it a week before Pedro start using it as a football or somehow wears it like a hat
n/a Posted - 28/06/2011 : 21:35:17
That looks great. Love that moss ball.
mystra Posted - 28/06/2011 : 21:01:25
ooh looking nice!
Lotabob Posted - 28/06/2011 : 19:38:22
Just put some new plants in the aquarium so as this thread is all about the wet pets:

Never had one of these moss balls before so decided to give it a go
mystra Posted - 27/06/2011 : 20:03:22
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:

Biorbs aren't glass - they're umm whatever you call it, perspex or plexiglass, which is what attracted me to it despite the expense - I'm nervous around glass too. However, they have an integral filtration system which looks stunning when first set up, and claims to clean itself, but which I found really hard to get on with (I'm thick, I know lol!) If I could have set up a conventional filter I would, but couldn't because of the curved sides ...so ...now I keep locusts in it. I did try a bottle garden but got the humidity wrong, but it makes quite a stunning locustarium ...

that sounds pretty cool!

potentially means visitors going up to it going "oh this is nice...no wait aarrghhh locusts!!!!" muahahahaha!!

LOL - now that's funny ...why do I never have visitors???

LOL - if only i visited people with more interesting things in their house!
n/a Posted - 26/06/2011 : 22:32:34
quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:

Biorbs aren't glass - they're umm whatever you call it, perspex or plexiglass, which is what attracted me to it despite the expense - I'm nervous around glass too. However, they have an integral filtration system which looks stunning when first set up, and claims to clean itself, but which I found really hard to get on with (I'm thick, I know lol!) If I could have set up a conventional filter I would, but couldn't because of the curved sides ...so ...now I keep locusts in it. I did try a bottle garden but got the humidity wrong, but it makes quite a stunning locustarium ...

that sounds pretty cool!

potentially means visitors going up to it going "oh this is nice...no wait aarrghhh locusts!!!!" muahahahaha!!

LOL - now that's funny ...why do I never have visitors???
mystra Posted - 26/06/2011 : 21:18:01
quote:

that sounds pretty cool!

n/a Posted - 26/06/2011 : 11:06:15
mystra Posted - 26/06/2011 : 10:32:20
quote:

My tank is just a bog standard glass box, those bioorbs are pretty but I'd end up knocking it over.

same here, pretty but give it 10 mins it would be in pieces across the floor!
mystra Posted - 26/06/2011 : 10:31:09
quote:

THERE SHE IS (or he, who knows).

Beautiful colouration and those fins are HUUUUUUGE I've never seen one before and had to have it.

wow that's pretty! never seen one of those before, i've only ever seen the normal danios without the fancy fins!
Lotabob Posted - 25/06/2011 : 23:47:57
I have my eye on a HUGE tank, the one I have is a good size but this one is like a bath.

I have the fluval U2 they are brilliant aren't they, though the little fish kept getting trapped behind it had to make a few alterations to the mount.
n/a Posted - 25/06/2011 : 23:34:00
Ah, I know what you mean - have had all sorts in my time but now go for a high-powered Fluval with bog standard foam filters and try to remember to keep washing them out. Even then the damn thing fights me when I try to dismantle it, grr!

The Biorbs I'm afraid are ...ummm, censored, or rather I just couldn't get along with them. Definitely prefer glass box, as large as poss!
Lotabob Posted - 25/06/2011 : 23:25:55
No I just mean one of the stages of filtration is stones that have bacteria living on them that break down the yukkyness and keep the water crystal clear. Its great but a pig to clean you cant do it all in one go, it would kill off the bacteria so its split in three sections and you can only clean one section at a time.

My tank is just a bog standard glass box, those bioorbs are pretty but I'd end up knocking it over.
n/a Posted - 25/06/2011 : 23:08:50
Aww those are stunning!

When you say bio filters - do you mean a biorb or such? I got one of those ...and now use it for pet locusts, really really don't like them for fish, though they look great, have to admit.
Lotabob Posted - 25/06/2011 : 22:53:52
THERE SHE IS (or he, who knows).

Beautiful colouration and those fins are HUUUUUUGE I've never seen one before and had to have it.
Lotabob Posted - 25/06/2011 : 22:42:40
Ok, the tank was stinking so I was cleaning it out. I hardly ever do it but bio filters can only do so much lol. Took a few of my babies, and the orange crap factory. The Daneo respond to my hand so its really difficult to take nay pictures of the other 2. (I can feed them all out of my hand).

Goldfish

Plec with Daneo wanting to be the centre of attention

All of them except the plec, it ran off to the other end, he doesn't like me.

tried to get a picture of his red dorsal fin, he wasn't playing ball at all.

When the water 100% clears in the tank I'll catch them in there, I have a beautiful long finned daneo its impossible to get them to relax enough to extend them in a temp tub.

n/a Posted - 25/06/2011 : 13:54:53
LOL - the loach who escaped used to like burying himself and I made him a sandpit; it was a common sight to see his head poking up out of the sand.

I've realised what the plecs ought to be called - Klingers lol.

Don't know how many people out there are into M*A*S*H but if you've seen it and know about Klinger and his frocks - isn't George/Dorothy on Snakebyte TV carrying on the tradition lol?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000