Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Not a reptile... but he does have scales...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  19:52:07  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is Pedro my fat and fancy goldfish... i tried to get a picture of the weather loach but he's so dark he just goes out of focus when i try to take pictures at the moment!

He's on a 2 day no food diet, because my boyfriend over fed him and so he was full of gas and kept tipping upside down because of the old swim bladder. So in protest, he decided to jam himself in a rock formation. I told him he's stuck because he's too fat lol. it was hilarious this morning so i could resist but take a couple of pics before rescuing the greedy bugger!

and he lined up with my ruler so you can see how big he is! He lives in a nice 4ft tank, and is looking for a friend to share the food bill and electric lol.

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  20:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG LOL - what a fatboy slim! He reminds me of my bulimic tomcat, Finn (known to the neighbourhood as 'Garfield.')

Finn binges because for the first years of his life he was a stray and didn't always get enough to eat, so he stuffs himself and has to regurge ...and runs back to the food dish to stuff again ...understandable, if messy, but that is one fat fish ...what a character!

hope you manage to get a pic of the Lieutenant - would love to see him!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  20:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had a few loaches and strangely I've always called them the sentinels, lol. One decided he couldn't take captivity any longer and some how managed to swim into the filtration pump and minced himself on the blades and one that managed to jump out of a tank with a sealed lid and managed to make it almost the full length of the living room before he died so yeah I seem to have suicidal loaches. I'd love some more but never in stock at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  20:38:28  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

OMG LOL - what a fatboy slim! He reminds me of my bulimic tomcat, Finn (known to the neighbourhood as 'Garfield.')

Finn binges because for the first years of his life he was a stray and didn't always get enough to eat, so he stuffs himself and has to regurge ...and runs back to the food dish to stuff again ...understandable, if messy, but that is one fat fish ...what a character!

hope you manage to get a pic of the Lieutenant - would love to see him!

well if you look closely he is in the background of some of them...

lol and here's the baby pic... well he was about 6 months old here... what went wrong!

Your cat, bless him, old habits i suppose, must be fun to clean up tho! eek!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  20:41:51  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I've had a few loaches and strangely I've always called them the sentinels, lol. One decided he couldn't take captivity any longer and some how managed to swim into the filtration pump and minced himself on the blades and one that managed to jump out of a tank with a sealed lid and managed to make it almost the full length of the living room before he died so yeah I seem to have suicidal loaches. I'd love some more but never in stock at the moment.

the Sentinels - that suits them! Such a shame about yours though, sounds horrible! I know they can survive out of water for a good time but i guess it would take ages for a loach to wriggle that far. I have the same problem, no where seems to have them at a decent size, i'd be reluctant to put anything small in with that fatty, same for finding a another goldfish, they're all tiddlers in the shops, and on preloved/gumtree they're always the comet/common/shubinkin types that need an even bigger tank or just a big pond full stop :(

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  20:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haahahahaha! God that picture made my day lol thank you

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  20:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha - I found the Lieutenant - cool guy!

OMG that pic of young Pedro is like seeing those gorgeous 60s rock stars before they get fat and bald lol!

Bob - I lost a loach like that. I realised he'd gone missing and I went frantic ...later, about a month later during my twice yearly cleanup I found a desiccated thing beneath the doormat on the other side of the room ... Much loved, sadly mourned. That was a covered tank too.

Loaches are capable of anything ...Just hope I keep the two I've got, they are definitely my favourite of any fish, even plecs.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  20:55:21  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Haahahahaha! God that picture made my day lol thank you

lol, it had me in stitches this morning trust me!! he looked so sorry for himself but sulking at the same time

i could write a book about this guy and the bizarre things he does - he's like a dog, people think i'm nuts when i say that, but then they see him for themselves... begging for food, watching the tv, having a strop if you come in late or feed him later than usual. Heaven forbid i have a lie in at the weekend... both me and my boyfriend talk to him far too much....!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2011 :  18:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sounds like they are suicidal wee squiggly fish. They usually have some at the end of gthe year at my shop so I shall wait. I love my plec, its unusual as its dorsal fin is bright red.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  13:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AAh, I have a couple of plecs like that. They're a sort of khaki brindle, and then they raise their dorsal and it's edged in red, really cool little guys.

But I love my loaches! I've got one anguillicaudatus who is about 6" long, and a female who is a sort of stripy pinky-beige and nearly as big, and honestly they're like Fonteyn and Nureyev ...they're next to my armchair and I can watch them for hours lol.

ps - no, in keeping with the military motif, I've realised their names ...Hawkeye and Hotlips

Edited by - n/a on 24/06/2011 16:17:50
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  20:30:54  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sounds like they are suicidal wee squiggly fish. They usually have some at the end of gthe year at my shop so I shall wait. I love my plec, its unusual as its dorsal fin is bright red.

hahah it's like spot the ball! you win! lol

i love Plec's we had one when i was little in my aunties tropical tank, he lived for about 20 years and my Nan was so heartbroken when he died that he has a little grave in the garden! Yours sounds lovely with that red fin!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  20:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll post some pictures of my tank next week, my naughty fish stripped the plants bare so I need new ones, it looks awful at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  20:33:21  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

AAh, I have a couple of plecs like that. They're a sort of khaki brindle, and then they raise their dorsal and it's edged in red, really cool little guys.

But I love my loaches! I've got one anguillicaudatus who is about 6" long, and a female who is a sort of stripy pinky-beige and nearly as big, and honestly they're like Fonteyn and Nureyev ...they're next to my armchair and I can watch them for hours lol.

ps - no, in keeping with the military motif, I've realised their names ...Hawkeye and Hotlips

those names are genius! love them!

i'm like you i could watch my fish for hours. Pedro is next to me now begging for food, even tho my boyfriend has already fed him, he thinks he's clever lol... he's like having a dog!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  22:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - when my goldfish lived inside they were always guilting me and pretending they hadn't been fed, little greedyguts!

Hotlips is shameless - she's always chasing Hawkeye and snuggling up to him. Another thing they like to do is plank halfway up the artificial plants and pretend to be a plastic fish. They are daft!

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  11:31:15  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll post some pictures of my tank next week, my naughty fish stripped the plants bare so I need new ones, it looks awful at the moment.

cool, look forward to seeing the pics!

mine are just fake plants, but pedro insists on pulling them up and they end up all over the show!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  11:35:25  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

LOL - when my goldfish lived inside they were always guilting me and pretending they hadn't been fed, little greedyguts!

Hotlips is shameless - she's always chasing Hawkeye and snuggling up to him. Another thing they like to do is plank halfway up the artificial plants and pretend to be a plastic fish. They are daft!

oh bless her, the flirt!! My loach developed a habit for burying himself in the gravel halfway and making himself look bent or if you looked very quickly you'd think he's been chopped in half -the panic he put me through!! He's stopped doing it now, and just buries himself as normal!!

Pedro keeps playing dead, which is giving me grey hairs.... he just turns himself upside down and stays there (always in the same place near us when we're watching tv), but as soon as you come towards the tank he's full of life again and as usual he's after food! Now i'm sitting near the other end of his tank he isn't doing it at all - the sod!!! he had me thinking he was really ill until i noticed he doesn't do it if you sit in a different part of the room!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  13:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - the loach who escaped used to like burying himself and I made him a sandpit; it was a common sight to see his head poking up out of the sand.

I've realised what the plecs ought to be called - Klingers lol.

Don't know how many people out there are into M*A*S*H but if you've seen it and know about Klinger and his frocks - isn't George/Dorothy on Snakebyte TV carrying on the tradition lol?

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  22:42:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, the tank was stinking so I was cleaning it out. I hardly ever do it but bio filters can only do so much lol. Took a few of my babies, and the orange crap factory. The Daneo respond to my hand so its really difficult to take nay pictures of the other 2. (I can feed them all out of my hand).

Goldfish

Plec with Daneo wanting to be the centre of attention

All of them except the plec, it ran off to the other end, he doesn't like me.

tried to get a picture of his red dorsal fin, he wasn't playing ball at all.

When the water 100% clears in the tank I'll catch them in there, I have a beautiful long finned daneo its impossible to get them to relax enough to extend them in a temp tub.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  22:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THERE SHE IS (or he, who knows).

Beautiful colouration and those fins are HUUUUUUGE I've never seen one before and had to have it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  23:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww those are stunning!

When you say bio filters - do you mean a biorb or such? I got one of those ...and now use it for pet locusts, really really don't like them for fish, though they look great, have to admit.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  23:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I just mean one of the stages of filtration is stones that have bacteria living on them that break down the yukkyness and keep the water crystal clear. Its great but a pig to clean you cant do it all in one go, it would kill off the bacteria so its split in three sections and you can only clean one section at a time.

My tank is just a bog standard glass box, those bioorbs are pretty but I'd end up knocking it over.

Edited by - Lotabob on 25/06/2011 23:28:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000