Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Not a reptile... but he does have scales...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  23:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I know what you mean - have had all sorts in my time but now go for a high-powered Fluval with bog standard foam filters and try to remember to keep washing them out. Even then the damn thing fights me when I try to dismantle it, grr!

The Biorbs I'm afraid are ...ummm, censored, or rather I just couldn't get along with them. Definitely prefer glass box, as large as poss!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  23:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my eye on a HUGE tank, the one I have is a good size but this one is like a bath.

I have the fluval U2 they are brilliant aren't they, though the little fish kept getting trapped behind it had to make a few alterations to the mount.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  10:31:09  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

THERE SHE IS (or he, who knows).

Beautiful colouration and those fins are HUUUUUUGE I've never seen one before and had to have it.

wow that's pretty! never seen one of those before, i've only ever seen the normal danios without the fancy fins!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  10:32:20  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

My tank is just a bog standard glass box, those bioorbs are pretty but I'd end up knocking it over.

same here, pretty but give it 10 mins it would be in pieces across the floor!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  11:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Biorbs aren't glass - they're umm whatever you call it, perspex or plexiglass, which is what attracted me to it despite the expense - I'm nervous around glass too. However, they have an integral filtration system which looks stunning when first set up, and claims to clean itself, but which I found really hard to get on with (I'm thick, I know lol!) If I could have set up a conventional filter I would, but couldn't because of the curved sides ...so ...now I keep locusts in it. I did try a bottle garden but got the humidity wrong, but it makes quite a stunning locustarium ...

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  21:18:01  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Biorbs aren't glass - they're umm whatever you call it, perspex or plexiglass, which is what attracted me to it despite the expense - I'm nervous around glass too. However, they have an integral filtration system which looks stunning when first set up, and claims to clean itself, but which I found really hard to get on with (I'm thick, I know lol!) If I could have set up a conventional filter I would, but couldn't because of the curved sides ...so ...now I keep locusts in it. I did try a bottle garden but got the humidity wrong, but it makes quite a stunning locustarium ...

that sounds pretty cool!

potentially means visitors going up to it going "oh this is nice...no wait aarrghhh locusts!!!!" muahahahaha!!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  22:32:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:

that sounds pretty cool!

potentially means visitors going up to it going "oh this is nice...no wait aarrghhh locusts!!!!" muahahahaha!!

LOL - now that's funny ...why do I never have visitors???

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  20:03:22  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:

that sounds pretty cool!

LOL - now that's funny ...why do I never have visitors???

LOL - if only i visited people with more interesting things in their house!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2011 :  19:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just put some new plants in the aquarium so as this thread is all about the wet pets:

Never had one of these moss balls before so decided to give it a go

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2011 :  21:01:25  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ooh looking nice!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2011 :  21:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks great. Love that moss ball.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2011 :  21:39:29  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

That looks great. Love that moss ball.

think i might have to get me one of those. I'll give it a week before Pedro start using it as a football or somehow wears it like a hat

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2011 :  23:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My goldfish has knocked it about a bit, its not fixed and it does move. I've called it Mosstapher for no reason other than my own amusement.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My goldfish has knocked it about a bit, its not fixed and it does move. I've called it Mosstapher for no reason other than my own amusement.

LOL! Like me you Mosstapher strange sense of humour!

I must buy one for Hawkeye and Hotlips - they'd enjoy booting it up and down the tank ...

Edited by - n/a on 29/06/2011 10:14:28
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  10:30:48  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

LOL! Like me you Mosstapher strange sense of humour!

I must buy one for Hawkeye and Hotlips - they'd enjoy booting it up and down the tank ...

LOL!!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page