The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 A boa shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Foremand Posted - 17/01/2013 : 22:38:14
After bring my boa back from my mums for a visit. He's gone into a full shed. And rubbing up against anything in his tank. I've changed his water n put wet cloths in there to help aid his shed. But question is..

My Missus seems to want me to go into his tank n help him remove all his loose skin. I've said no? Or could I? My only worry is him getting aggressive. And for a 6 footer I wouldn't want that. Should I leave him?

Thanks
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
richard v Posted - 18/01/2013 : 08:13:55
Most boas love to soak, sorry if you have already said this, but try putting a big bath for him in the viv a large rub should do he may soak in there to help himself.
Failing that it will be up to you to get a little hands on. My boa once had a a few pieces left, I just left her to soak in her transport container for about 30mins then put her through a damp towel worked fine, she is not happy at the best of times but it was ok no aggression. Be a good chance for you to gain some trust from him. Good luck
jonnyc1988 Posted - 18/01/2013 : 06:19:34
If he's just started shedding then leave him to it. If there are still some bits he hasnt managed to get off after a few days then you could aid him. But dont just pull at the skin. You would need to bathe him then you could wrap him in a towel and hopefully as he slithers through the towel it will remove any excess. You can also buy "shed aid" in a spray bottle which helps. I tend to spray mine with it daily from when they go blue.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000