The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Avic Versicolor prep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 02/06/2013 : 17:17:55
So I have 2 of these arriving next week so I've been knocking together a few tubs for them. I'm testing the water so to speak with humidity, one pot has twice the amount of moisture in, test it for a few days empty see which one performs better.

If anyone has any tips then do leave a comment, I don't want these to die because I'm doing something wrong.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 02/06/2013 : 20:33:58
Sounds good, I can't wait to get these little beasts.
carlb1981 Posted - 02/06/2013 : 19:38:24
My versi pounces on its food straight away where as the leata takes its time and just waits for the easiest opportunity lol
Lotabob Posted - 02/06/2013 : 18:38:14
I used a pointy pair of scissors and marked at 5mm. Fingers crossed they are bigger than advertised and they will be fine and just serve as an escape route for unbeaten roaches which sounds unlikely with the reported feeding responses from these guys.
chrisc Posted - 02/06/2013 : 18:14:57
sound's like a good plan i tend to make the hole's for small stuff with a compass point an a lighter, will get a cheap soldering iron as some point to make it really easy
Lotabob Posted - 02/06/2013 : 18:05:25
They are a bit big, I was aiming for 5mm but seem to have got 7mm, I got carried away, I'm going to see how big the T's are when they arrive, if the holes are a bit too big I have tile spacers that I will quick setting glue over the holes, make little prison bars. Won't look very pretty but if it keeps them in the tub it's worth it. Give them something to climb on too.
chrisc Posted - 02/06/2013 : 17:36:34
would probably be enough but a ring of them in the middle of the lid wouldn't hurt.

the hole's look a bit big though for 2cm juvi's id be a bit worried they could get out
Lotabob Posted - 02/06/2013 : 17:30:41
2cm slings/juveniles.

That's the lid, would you still think it needs more?
chrisc Posted - 02/06/2013 : 17:28:16
this is the setup i had a 3-4" avic avic in it's still in there an doing great with the person that now own's it
chrisc Posted - 02/06/2013 : 17:23:51
look's good but i would put more vent hole's in the lid's to give more air flow.
are you getting juvi's?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000