The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Back from the vets, again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 17/06/2011 : 14:49:03
Well little baby boa, newly named "Dopey" is back from his operation, hopefully he'll recover okay from it.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 18/06/2011 : 16:54:31
Apparently it's a simple surgery. I don't want to know what a complex one is :P
Lotabob Posted - 18/06/2011 : 16:52:01
I'd have thought it would have been more expensive to have an eye removed. He is a special snake now though, worth every penny I'm sure.
n/a Posted - 18/06/2011 : 15:27:16
But he's a very dear snake ...
Kelfezond Posted - 18/06/2011 : 15:14:11
So far about £150 in vet bills on him, I'll admit I contemplated putting him down instead.
reptilemadd Posted - 18/06/2011 : 14:29:09
shame your not a registered buisness kelf you could right the cost of his op off against tax lol cause I guessing it wasn't cheap not that money should be the main concern in this or anyother pet situation, since it's us that decides to have them and it's not there fault if they get poorly...........
Kelfezond Posted - 18/06/2011 : 14:21:16
Dopey looks good, had to show off his battle scars to everyone in the family who decided to come see :P I was a strict parent and refuse anyone to get him out of his box though ^-^
n/a Posted - 18/06/2011 : 14:20:40
Ah. Well, that would help!

How's Dopey today?
Kelfezond Posted - 18/06/2011 : 14:06:11
I just need to stop forgetting to turn the bloody key :P
n/a Posted - 18/06/2011 : 13:55:08
Bloody hell - he sounds more like a 'Pit' than my Ziska - she escaped yesterday but just let me pick her up.

Glad you've got him back, the little horror.

you know, I'm having a think about viv doors ... something along the lines of a good quality adhesive cuphook thingy on the glass, attachable by a bit of cord or similar to a hook which can be turned to ensure absolute security of fastening ...it might cut down the mobility of doors by an inch or so, and might not look too elegant, but it might work. I hate those locks, they slip, and the little wedges are good, but cats can bat on the glass and knock the wedge out. Luckily Saffy's in a viv with very heavy doors at present, or she, like Anubis, would have been out ...during her recent 'romantic' period, she worked and worked away at the viv doors; if they'd been the usual easily sliding doors she'd have been off!
Kelfezond Posted - 18/06/2011 : 13:44:27
Back now yes but took ages to get him out and about 7 tags
n/a Posted - 18/06/2011 : 13:36:20
OMG! Is he back now or are you still searching??

Fingers crossed, whatever.

It looks messy, but in his case I'd be tempted to tape his doors either end with a length of gaffer tape. You know, I really dislike the traditional viv sliding doors - so much can go wrong.

All the best - that's the last thing you need to happen, under the circs.
Kelfezond Posted - 18/06/2011 : 13:31:13
Aopparently anubis my mojave doesn't agree i'm under enough stress and escaped again today, same place as last tiem, crowbar out again, door destroyed again
reptilemadd Posted - 18/06/2011 : 12:00:10
Can't even imagine the stress your under at the moment but in my opinion (not worth much I know lol) you should be very proud since your working being a pet owner a nanny and now a nurse all the best mate and keep up the good work
Kelfezond Posted - 18/06/2011 : 09:08:10
Just given him his first dose of Baytril :)

He didn't spill much but took him a while to get it all down.
STICKS Posted - 18/06/2011 : 01:13:48
Hi there hope he gets on ok well done.
Kelfezond Posted - 17/06/2011 : 22:34:33
Thats okay i'm keeping this fella myself
Jayde Posted - 17/06/2011 : 20:11:17
Ahh if it's zoomed in then the true length is probably shorter, just looked shockingly long in the photo but then again I'm a stickler for worrying!! Just wouldn't want it to tug or snag on anything or to dig when he coils. Glad the vets contacted you about the mishap with the antibiotics, it's always a nice feeling when you know the people you entrust your little loved ones with do their job well!!

Hope you find the little guy a lovely home, he deserves it. :)
(I have mentioned this little guy to the o/h, who very insistently said no not likely this whole putting his foot down over how soon I can have another snake business )
Kelfezond Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:35:48
Well the photo is zoomed in he's kind of tiny and the stitch isnt that big, I did notice it but im guessing its to assure it doesnt come loose.
Jayde Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:31:29
Are you not worried about the length of the stitch on the left? It looks too long. I've never bought any pet home from the vet with stitches that size... :S !!
reptilemadd Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:31:25
Good luck Kelf I'm sure he'll be fine he's in good hands

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000