The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 DexTeR !

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 20/06/2011 : 23:42:17

got some new pics of the boy as we had him out briefly last nite , hes gorgeous and seemed so chilled no hissing or biting . And tonite he took his first meal with us , we opened the viv door (i think he was sleeping ) we dangled it near him , he recoiled a little and made a few hissing noises then bam he took it ! is it normal for them to hiss like that or did we just startle him a little ? i did notice a tiny strand of substrate which im now stressing over (we are gona get a feeding tray or somethin , he just struck so hard and knotted up so much that a small strand stuck , didnt see anymore tho ? it will be ok rite ?

heres some pics of him im still smitten!

spot the boa! lol

sorry lots of pics lol :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 21/06/2011 : 23:39:51
That's Boa's for you, I've never seen a snake strike as fast as instantly as Sanke, its like a totally different snake to the lovely little thing that I handle a few times a week.
Laws Posted - 21/06/2011 : 13:37:05
Yeah I think we startled him a little , as he recoiled away , hissed twice not really loud as we heard some of the babies do , but as soon as he smelt it bam ! Chuffed with him atm ! I've become a massive boa fan ! Love my other dude too just want more boa's !
Lotabob Posted - 21/06/2011 : 13:22:59
Sanke hisses when she eats, its a vunerable time and the hiss is always them just saying back off. Just dandle it a bit further away from him next time, he will soon smell it and go on the hunt.
Laws Posted - 21/06/2011 : 09:04:45
I figured if he can digest bone and mouse its not gonna be an issue with abit of substrate . Will try a feeding dish and see . Is it normal for them to hiss abit when food is offered ? I thought we had startled him as it was dangled above to the side of him . I mean we got him out the second nite with no hissing etc , and he didn't hiss the day we got him at anypoint and we held him loads and then did a 3 hour drive with him x
Kelfezond Posted - 21/06/2011 : 00:27:32
All my snakes gobble more substrate than rat. If you've seen my videos you'll notice diablo loves rat-wrestling. I used to put paper down for him to eat on but he always just wrestles the rat into a hide or in the bushes lol

Lovely snake, I love the picture where your ring is shining as well XD
Laws Posted - 20/06/2011 : 23:53:38
i figured it wont harm him , will stick kitcen roll down or get a feeding tray for him tomorro! im so pleased he took and took well! some of the pics u can tell it was late as hes so pale :)
n/a Posted - 20/06/2011 : 23:46:50
I think a guy of his size can digest a tiny strand of aspen. I used to really agonise over aspen but Ziska and Missy have taught me otherwise - I do try to protect snakes from it, but sometimes you just can't, lol!

Dexter is fabulous! Congrats!!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000