New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  23:42:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

got some new pics of the boy as we had him out briefly last nite , hes gorgeous and seemed so chilled no hissing or biting . And tonite he took his first meal with us , we opened the viv door (i think he was sleeping ) we dangled it near him , he recoiled a little and made a few hissing noises then bam he took it ! is it normal for them to hiss like that or did we just startle him a little ? i did notice a tiny strand of substrate which im now stressing over (we are gona get a feeding tray or somethin , he just struck so hard and knotted up so much that a small strand stuck , didnt see anymore tho ? it will be ok rite ?

heres some pics of him im still smitten!

spot the boa! lol

sorry lots of pics lol :)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  23:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a guy of his size can digest a tiny strand of aspen. I used to really agonise over aspen but Ziska and Missy have taught me otherwise - I do try to protect snakes from it, but sometimes you just can't, lol!

Dexter is fabulous! Congrats!!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  23:53:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i figured it wont harm him , will stick kitcen roll down or get a feeding tray for him tomorro! im so pleased he took and took well! some of the pics u can tell it was late as hes so pale :)

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  00:27:32  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All my snakes gobble more substrate than rat. If you've seen my videos you'll notice diablo loves rat-wrestling. I used to put paper down for him to eat on but he always just wrestles the rat into a hide or in the bushes lol

Lovely snake, I love the picture where your ring is shining as well XD

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  09:04:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I figured if he can digest bone and mouse its not gonna be an issue with abit of substrate . Will try a feeding dish and see . Is it normal for them to hiss abit when food is offered ? I thought we had startled him as it was dangled above to the side of him . I mean we got him out the second nite with no hissing etc , and he didn't hiss the day we got him at anypoint and we held him loads and then did a 3 hour drive with him x

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  13:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sanke hisses when she eats, its a vunerable time and the hiss is always them just saying back off. Just dandle it a bit further away from him next time, he will soon smell it and go on the hunt.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  13:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I think we startled him a little , as he recoiled away , hissed twice not really loud as we heard some of the babies do , but as soon as he smelt it bam ! Chuffed with him atm ! I've become a massive boa fan ! Love my other dude too just want more boa's !

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  23:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's Boa's for you, I've never seen a snake strike as fast as instantly as Sanke, its like a totally different snake to the lovely little thing that I handle a few times a week.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000