Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  20:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

im so so excited for tomorro , after months of research and bugging the missus with random boa facts and the cutest pics i could find , we are off to visit gazboas tomorro to pick one out and put a deposit on it . sadly we cant bring it home till mid september due to going on holiday , gutting , but im still excited! i will take lots of pics on the one that we decide and put a few up here :) woooooo! *happy dance*

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  20:27:23  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice one laws, can't wait to see who you choose, gaz's crawls are stunning.

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
0.1 Pastel ph ghost Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.0 Pastel royal poss ???
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  21:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have a choice we can go for yearlings , or olders or he has some hatchlings , so we are gona go have a good look and see whats what . just wish i could bring it home tomorro too *sulks*

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  22:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  22:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahah lol! bob that made me smile! i would very much love to take one of ur kind home , you need to ask sarah just as nicely and with ur cute little face too!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  22:36:23  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice one laws.

In a month you'll want a new snake and i'll be ready

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  22:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah me and sar sat and talked about it and she has agree'd to a dwarf one , im hoping she will get on well with it and then who knows what the future may hold ;)

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  01:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there nice one Laws at this rate well have to have a boa page??
look forward to the pics.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  13:07:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Laws - happy Boa-day!

Eagerly awaiting news of the new (impending)arrival. I think you're doing the right thing, otherwise the little one would have had to be boarded just as it was settled. This way it will be able to settle into its new home with no interruptions.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  18:41:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

SO....I have a boa in my living room . it didnt quite go as plan , we fell in love and then worked out the cost of boarding equates to the same as the boarding fee and it was a four hour round trip to see him and we just couldnt walk away . I apoligise this is gona sound like an essay but i wanna say how the whole thing went , im SO HAPPY!!!

Took about 2 hours to get to gaz , when we got there he showed us the adults ,got to hold a few , all gorgeous . Then sarah got to hold a green tree boa ! he then showed us some of the babies , he gave me one and sarah one . One cb 10 and one cb09 , the 10 was slate gray with nice marking and the 09 was abit darker . Sar liked the 10 , and all ov a sudden he struck at her , missed but made us giggle gaz said he wasnt selling himself very well to which he struck a few more times all missing. The 09 i had was as calm as anything and just slowly checked me out i held him for a good half an hour . Gaz made coffee and showed us a few more of the young ones , we put the hissy one back but could still hear him for ages afterwards! i saw some gorgeous sunglows and albinos , a few of his massive commons , and a few more little stroppy ones or ones that were in shed , plus some more really nice gentle ones . we then saw his fresh babies , some only a month old and some less than a week ! salmons and othr dwarfs . He got an albino normal out who was a fair size and passed it to me , it hissed loudly and struck at me and got my little finger! ive had my first snake bite! woohoo! bled like somethin had chopped my finger off , but it didnt hurt . We ended up back over to the one i liked the 09 and went to put a deposit on him , i held him again and really wanted him . we got in the car , got round the corner and then ended up getting the cash and picking him up . He did a 3 hour car ride and didnt make a peep . Got him home opened his tub and he was lovely , weighed him at 244 grams , he will be 2 in july . and his names Dexter :) lots of pics to follow! im a very proud / smitten mommy rite now!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  18:56:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HA!!! LOL!! I'd have done the same, I'm afraid, for all I've preached restraint ...

HAPPY DEXTER DAY!!!

And congrats - he's gorgeous!!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  19:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks bats!! we couldnt stop ourselves and hes a sweetie for sure! you should get a crawl cay bats . we held a normal boa and we thought we def wouldnt cope , but adult crawls are about as big as a large royal , even sar felt really happy and confident and is besotted! Gaz is def a top guy ! would love to get a female from him in the future ;)

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  19:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the answer???

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  19:47:01  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice one Laws, looking forward to more pics once settled. (woohoo another joins the Boa club )

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  21:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks scuba , how olds ur one ? Did u get urs from gaz ?

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  08:55:10  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my female Maya is one from Gaz, she was born 05/08/10, and is growing nicely. My male Pech is from Anne and Terry at Cute&Scarey and is about 3 months older.
Dexter is a good looking lad, have you noticed the colour phase change yet throughout the day?

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  09:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there nice one.I liked your pick up story how's your finger.Im sure i will go through the same when i pick up mine in a couple weeks
nice pics have fun.
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  09:53:37  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh wow, Dexter is such a handsome boy, i love boas moustaches! I must admit i really want one but the different types and localities baffle me, and i wouldn't want to end up with a giant i can't handle alone :( my other half put his foot down and said one more snake only...... and we haven't bought a royal yet!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  11:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Laws lovely looking snake, It's funny I'd never even considerd a boa before untill I joined a python forum lol only cause I was unaware there was a dwarf speceis and now I might be looking at a divorce lmao

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  01:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have seen it slightly , we got him out tonite and he seems alot paler , still too soon to say im just so smitten with him! we got him out and he was as good as gold , no hissing , biting , and we only got him yesterday . gona leave him be now tho ,but hes truely stunning . will take some more pics and put a few more up of him that i took tonite . hes resting up in his branch atm and looks comfy! what temps do u all keep urs at as gaz mentioned that his prefer it cooler around 85-87 , whereas i thought they should be kept at 30 -32 ?

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  08:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
about 30 warm end 26 cool end and they seem to be comfortable and eat shed and poop perfectly with that.

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000