The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Fang-tastic news!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 29/06/2011 : 21:46:56
A Chilean Rose Tarantula will be arriving with me tomorrow. Only a spiderling so not too scary. I'll not lie, this is my first venture into the wonderful world of spiders, I'm extremely nervous about it but VERY excited.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wendigo Posted - 28/07/2011 : 14:30:49
I hate spiders, saw one that size the other say in the kitchen, so mom hoovered it up while i ran away xD
Lotabob Posted - 02/07/2011 : 18:19:37
It was impressive, and those fangs are something to behold (and fear a little bit) She is far too small to get a clear shot of her though I will keep trying, one of their defensive moves is they turn away from you, it makes it easier to flick their hairs at you when they are round that way, they can also musk at you too in defense, biting is a last resort thank god but getting a shot of the front is difficult. I am planning to try pick her up at some point this weekend though I'm so scared of hurting her I may just leave her until she is a bit bigger, it shouldn't be too long.
Kelfezond Posted - 02/07/2011 : 17:02:22
I bet its awesome to watch her destroy crickets!

I mean... eww.. spiders are icky
Lotabob Posted - 02/07/2011 : 15:51:21
She is on crickets, I know nothing of the sizes it says 2 on the box lol. I described the size of her to the shop and they gave me them. They are a perfect size though, he did well.
BlueDragon Posted - 02/07/2011 : 11:14:55
Bless : 3 She's so bitsy.

Spiders, especialy big ones, were the only pet I wasn't aloud to have as a kid. Anything with more than four legs and my mam turns to goo X ) She hates spiders, and crane flies. Hates them dancing in her face! Mind you, I'm not overly keen on that either. But I love spiders. Not keen on them running over my bare feet at night, we tend to have fallings out then, but other than that I think they're great. Would love to have a tarantula as a pet : )

What will she be eating?
n/a Posted - 30/06/2011 : 14:30:03
Aww, she's only a tiny little nipper! Cute!
Lotabob Posted - 30/06/2011 : 13:51:58
a Sneak peek

Not bid or scary, that green bowl is a milk top.
reptiledanny Posted - 30/06/2011 : 09:28:43
ewww ewwww ewwww
when you go to post pictures bob, please put the title as "trixie (big hairy spider) so i remember not to look, otherwise of it just says trixie i will forget what trixie is and have the fright of me life on a computer
Lotabob Posted - 30/06/2011 : 00:42:14
I love spiders too, they are fascinating too. I'm not going to be overly handling or fussing her just a show animal really but I will try get her used to been handled for when she needs handled or to scare people when they come round lol.
n/a Posted - 30/06/2011 : 00:13:18
Aww - congrats! Trixie ...lol!

I've been bitten by a large house spider - I picked her (females are the fat ones) up to put her out and she nipped me! Got the shock of my life!

Bob I love spiders - I look forward to seeing pics of Trixie!
Kelfezond Posted - 29/06/2011 : 23:07:17
lol nice.

The beard isn't fully grown yet there is still time!

I used to keep a pet spider as a kid I found in the garden once :P I loved insects and bugs and spiders I kept tons in jars and boxes, somewhere along the line I lost interested and developed a fear
Lotabob Posted - 29/06/2011 : 23:02:48
I thought a man with a beard feared nothing. I've actually been bitten by a particularly vicious house spider, my girlfriend at the time saw it too she was scared of spiders before that after she was petrified. Didn't help that I told her the fangs werent long enough to break the skin and that it didn't hurt at all. It was impressive though, its never happened before or again. I just hope Trixie behaves (yes I'm gonna call that big scary, hairy, killing machine, Trixie, lol).
Kelfezond Posted - 29/06/2011 : 22:45:50
Deffinately. In fact I'll pay you to not ever see the spider xD

Actually I'm overreacting I love spiders I just can't stand them being in a 1 mile radius of me..
Lotabob Posted - 29/06/2011 : 22:43:30
So your off the list to spidey sit for me then?
Kelfezond Posted - 29/06/2011 : 22:23:47
You're extremely mad

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000