New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  21:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Chilean Rose Tarantula will be arriving with me tomorrow. Only a spiderling so not too scary. I'll not lie, this is my first venture into the wonderful world of spiders, I'm extremely nervous about it but VERY excited.

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  22:23:47  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You're extremely mad

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  22:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So your off the list to spidey sit for me then?

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  22:45:50  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Deffinately. In fact I'll pay you to not ever see the spider xD

Actually I'm overreacting I love spiders I just can't stand them being in a 1 mile radius of me..

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  23:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought a man with a beard feared nothing. I've actually been bitten by a particularly vicious house spider, my girlfriend at the time saw it too she was scared of spiders before that after she was petrified. Didn't help that I told her the fangs werent long enough to break the skin and that it didn't hurt at all. It was impressive though, its never happened before or again. I just hope Trixie behaves (yes I'm gonna call that big scary, hairy, killing machine, Trixie, lol).

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  23:07:17  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol nice.

The beard isn't fully grown yet there is still time!

I used to keep a pet spider as a kid I found in the garden once :P I loved insects and bugs and spiders I kept tons in jars and boxes, somewhere along the line I lost interested and developed a fear

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  00:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww - congrats! Trixie ...lol!

I've been bitten by a large house spider - I picked her (females are the fat ones) up to put her out and she nipped me! Got the shock of my life!

Bob I love spiders - I look forward to seeing pics of Trixie!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  00:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love spiders too, they are fascinating too. I'm not going to be overly handling or fussing her just a show animal really but I will try get her used to been handled for when she needs handled or to scare people when they come round lol.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  09:28:43  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ewww ewwww ewwww
when you go to post pictures bob, please put the title as "trixie (big hairy spider) so i remember not to look, otherwise of it just says trixie i will forget what trixie is and have the fright of me life on a computer

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  13:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a Sneak peek

Not bid or scary, that green bowl is a milk top.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  14:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, she's only a tiny little nipper! Cute!

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  11:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless : 3 She's so bitsy.

Spiders, especialy big ones, were the only pet I wasn't aloud to have as a kid. Anything with more than four legs and my mam turns to goo X ) She hates spiders, and crane flies. Hates them dancing in her face! Mind you, I'm not overly keen on that either. But I love spiders. Not keen on them running over my bare feet at night, we tend to have fallings out then, but other than that I think they're great. Would love to have a tarantula as a pet : )

What will she be eating?

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  15:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is on crickets, I know nothing of the sizes it says 2 on the box lol. I described the size of her to the shop and they gave me them. They are a perfect size though, he did well.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  17:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I bet its awesome to watch her destroy crickets!

I mean... eww.. spiders are icky

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  18:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was impressive, and those fangs are something to behold (and fear a little bit) She is far too small to get a clear shot of her though I will keep trying, one of their defensive moves is they turn away from you, it makes it easier to flick their hairs at you when they are round that way, they can also musk at you too in defense, biting is a last resort thank god but getting a shot of the front is difficult. I am planning to try pick her up at some point this weekend though I'm so scared of hurting her I may just leave her until she is a bit bigger, it shouldn't be too long.

Go to Top of Page

Wendigo
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  14:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate spiders, saw one that size the other say in the kitchen, so mom hoovered it up while i ran away xD

0.2.0 Normal Royal Python. Wendigo & Chepi
1.2.0 Dogs. Bedley,Nuna,Holly.
0.2.0 Hens. Orakiah & Astrid
1.2.0 Tortoises. Ishi, Pandora,Squirt.
0.2.0 Rats. Mouse, Flubba.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000