New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  18:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right Halrey is doing well and loves his crickets and even takes wax worms (cut in half, 1 bit at a time) and is pooping every few days too. NOW the problem (if you can call it that) is I don't know if Harley is eating the gecko diet, I have loads of different types and flavours, he's only here a week and already spoilt. I dipped a wax worm bit in the diet and he grabbed it and spat it out as soon as he realised it was tainted lol. He spent a while licking himself clean as he flicked the diet all over his nose.

Anyway thats the waffle, now the question, shoudl i stop all live feeding for a little while to see if he eats the diet? The reason behind this thinking is if he isn't eating he wont be pooing either and I'll know then that he isn't eating it.

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  20:22:43  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What would say is, he needs to eat so I wouldnt stop crickets.our little baby is hand fed the repashy so we know she has had some. Nave you tried putting a little on the end of his nose so he licks it off??

If you really can't get him eating it at moment you need to make sure he has plenty of the multi vits and calcium on the live food. There is also a recipe floating about for babies not keen on the cgd. It involves mixing in some pureed fruit and a little honey. I will try and find the link.

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  20:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK yeah I've (accidentally) splodged a bit on his nose and he did lick it off straight away. The crickets are actually gut loaded with potato, carrot, pollen and Komodo Gecko diet, I've ordered some Nutrobal for a once a week dusting and some cuttlebone I will grind to a powder for dusting the crickets all the time.

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
437 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  20:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What other cgd are you trying? Ours Love the strawberry and banana repashy it smells so fruity! I have found this recipe not the one I originally saw on you tube but same kinda thing

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/lizards/507763-my-crested-gecko-food-mix.html

2.4.0 Royal python
0.0.2 Cornsnake
1.1.0 Extreme red Albino Hognose
2.2.1 Crested Gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon

Edited by - MrsA82 on 06/08/2011 20:50:28
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  20:59:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have:

*Komodo complete crested gecko diet (smells like porridge)

*Clarks complete Gecko Diet in Banana, Fig, Guava & Papaya flavours.

*Pot of Bee Pollen

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  21:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ours were not that keen on clarks really
Maybe give repashy ago much better smell to it

Also are you able to ring up where you got it from and ask what they were feeding it on

I know cresties what I have read they are hard to change foods that they ain't use to

Like just add 20% new food to 80% food there use it and keep upping the % over time then they will geta taste for it and just tlike that

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 06/08/2011 21:17:18
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  21:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They said they were all feeding on Komodo, pollen and crickets. The thing is that he may be eating everything I offer, I just dont know, so I'm trying to find out, I know he is eating crickets etc so its all about does he like the diet I have. I only got the 1oz testers of Clarks as it was recommended on another forum, I have heard repashy is expensive and can be hard to get hold of but if needed I will have to give it a try, see if I can find a test amount somewhere.

Edited by - Lotabob on 06/08/2011 21:27:46
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  21:45:11  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
32oz of repashy from pangea from the us cost £28 that includes delivery
Works out about £3.40 per 4oz

If you was a 8oz bag it's £12.99 from stickyfeet.co.uk plus p&p

Would it cost me uk postage you send to you or are you in the one where they class it as euro postage ?
I'd send you 20g to try out if you like as I have about 40oz plus in the fridge was selling it but alan posted on his forum that people were repacking his product and he didn't like it and linking to my website and eBay item :( so took it down with out hesitation

Alot of people do recommend clarks hence why I tried it but the two breeding adults didn't touch it

One way of telling if they have had ago at it is look at the dollop of food for 2 night and see if there's a faint line like it has been licking it that's how we know if they have had it

Out extreme harlequin pin didn't touch it she loves her crickets :) has now started to munch it down now so that's good for her

Let me know and send me your address via my email in my profile under bio and I'll post you some Monday

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 06/08/2011 21:46:44
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  22:08:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be very kind, if you have paypal I will happily pay postage and give you something for it. I'm still UK so normal postal rates apply. I will email you my address and let me know if you want anything for it.

That price is good too, I think Clarks is £7 for 4oz

Edited by - Lotabob on 06/08/2011 22:14:17
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  22:12:51  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about it buddy it's on me
at least you will know if harly will like it
Maybe try it straight first then If no luck try the old 20% repashy 80% Komodo
Then keep upping the the % of repashy

Consider it sent Monday mate

Just email me your address ;)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  22:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks mate that is very kind.

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  22:16:49  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not a problem buddy

Got your email ;)

If harly likes it and you don't want to order from the us

Here is the cheapest place I've found selling 8oz bags

http://www.stickyfeet.co.uk/

I do like there ledges as well with the feeding cups

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 06/08/2011 22:24:45
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  22:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow I am ordering one of those ledges.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000