The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Say hello to Sally, my newest addition.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 01/10/2011 : 12:04:33

Sally is a Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, she is a beast and without doubt the fastest animal I own.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 04/10/2011 : 00:05:58
I will no doubt bite the bullet at some point and handle her, I shall post pictures if she permits me the time to take a phot before the stinging begins.
Tawfik47 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 10:56:45
I could handle the tarantula, i don't have a problem at all, but handle a scorpion !! never !!
Lotabob Posted - 02/10/2011 : 21:32:39
The Tarantula is nice and calm, I held her yesterday switching her back to her small tub as she has stopped eating after switching her to a bigger tub (the things we have to do). I wouldn't hold the Scorpion just yet though, very skittish and defensive. The giant Asian Forest Scorpion is very similar to emperors, though Emperors are calmer. Sally has bigger claws and bigger longer stinger than a emperor and a longer body and has an attitude fitting for a armoured arachnatank.
chrisc Posted - 02/10/2011 : 20:48:00
very cool. been thinking about getting an emperor scorpion an would handle it if possible but would not hold a tarantula
Sam84 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 13:39:46
Hello Sally
She's gorgeous
would love one but i could never have a pet and not handle it - but reckon gotta better chance of getting one of those rather than a spider - my other half scared of them lol xx
n/a Posted - 02/10/2011 : 11:43:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MelnXjxDZE&feature=relmfu

Tawfik47 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 10:54:57
Oh dear God, then, hope u don't get any sting from her .
n/a Posted - 01/10/2011 : 21:39:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewswu-jy4KA&feature=related

wot, no armchair walkies??
Lotabob Posted - 01/10/2011 : 21:26:57

Couple more pictures.

Tawf I forgot to answer; yes they are venomous, a sting from this little one will be very painful and swollen for days. I dont plan on actually holding this one, though we will see if her temprement simmers down, she is an aggresive little monster at the moment. I said I wouldn't be handling Trixie either but that didn't happen.
sandi Posted - 01/10/2011 : 21:09:35
Ewwwww! Now im not so sure about this little critter! Spiders i adore, reptiles, yes obviously but scorpions.....hmmm they just dont do it for me!

Granted, its a stunning thing, one of natures warriors but it puts the frights in me. Bob....your mad!
Lotabob Posted - 01/10/2011 : 17:04:34
about 6 inches nose to tail, she is probably about 1 inch at the moment if that. She sure isn't cuddly and at the moment she is very skittish too, I gave her a cricket today and she shyed away because I was there but 2 seconds after covering her over I checked and she had the cricket so she doesn't mess around. I think she will calm a little (but not a lot with this type of Scorp) with time.

Its actually quite cute when I was taking those pictures she was a bit scared so i was keeping my distance, don't want her stressed out but as I was putting the lid on she turned and got into a full defensive stance, both pincers raised tail arched right over, she is knee high to a grasshopper, literally, and yet she turned ready to fight, and the funniest part, I wouldn't take her on, their sting is painful and hurts for days.
n/a Posted - 01/10/2011 : 14:16:44
Oooooo! That is one cool beastie ...how big will she grow? She's lovely - if not exactly cuddly lol!
Lotabob Posted - 01/10/2011 : 13:54:29
She is on no2 crickets and hopefully roaches as i'm setting up a colony. She is only very small at the moment but is perfectly minature of an adult, she is a captive bred one too which is very unusual and why I bought her straight away.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 01/10/2011 : 13:00:56
Oh wow what a super little critter

What is it feeding on
Tawfik47 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 12:51:47
Wow, scary !! she is not venomous, isn't she ?
Kelfezond Posted - 01/10/2011 : 12:28:59
aweeeeesome!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000