The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Calling all boa owners

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajokocha Posted - 18/05/2012 : 13:04:57
Hello people, Me and the girlfriend shall soon be getting our own place, which in turn means more space, I think you know where I'm going with this lol. Well we both agreed at some point we would like a boa, either a brb or a bci. Just wondering, from a hatchling at what age are they considered fully grown? And how big are we looking, for males and females? And at what size vivs would I need as they grow? Thanks for taking the time to read :).
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Waley333 Posted - 20/05/2012 : 19:45:51
Oh, I've just realised I'm a 'Yearling'. WAHOO.
Waley333 Posted - 20/05/2012 : 19:44:35
I think we should get a Brazilian Rainbow Boa :D Although I think all Boas are gorgeous, I just think BRB are stunning.
ajokocha Posted - 20/05/2012 : 15:33:15
Very true!
Lotabob Posted - 20/05/2012 : 15:03:24
I agree these guys are wanderers, should be able to swim not just get wet.
Kelfezond Posted - 20/05/2012 : 13:55:17
I would love one but they're too depressing to watch for me all cooped up in a tiny water bowl
ajokocha Posted - 20/05/2012 : 13:24:10
Lol and that ones quite a biter by the owners admission! And I've seen anaconda bites on tv, not pretty! You need a huuugggee room with an indoor pond lol.
Lotabob Posted - 20/05/2012 : 13:08:31
Tee hee view full size, click that for a shock lol.

I cant believe people have these, they have a lot of requirements and a body of water big enough for them. Evidentally they are very dirty snakes too, they poop a lot.
ajokocha Posted - 20/05/2012 : 11:27:45
http://m.preloved.co.uk/m/showadvert/105669899/8ft-female-green-anaconda.html
There's the link if your interested kelf! Haha
ajokocha Posted - 20/05/2012 : 11:24:38
Hulk hogans arm! Lmao! Nah I wouldn't even contemplate a burm! I held one briefly when I was about 12. Must of been at least 12 foot. I saw on preloved the other day people are selling green anacondas!
Kelfezond Posted - 20/05/2012 : 11:19:54
Aye I always wanted a burm but they're just not practical snakes to keep unless you can dedicate a room to it :-(
I want a retic too.... Lol
Lotabob Posted - 20/05/2012 : 11:16:55
Yeah if you are going for a biggie it is a good idea to have a handle of one first, they aren't vastly heavy but they are moving so it makes them feel 10 times heavier and I know how strong my 4 foot Boa is, Kelf's 8 footer must be like Hulk Hogans arm, lol. Just dont look at Burms, they are super looking snakes but they are HUGE and need a massive vivarium/small room.
ajokocha Posted - 20/05/2012 : 10:38:01
Lol bless her. I like the comparison to a toddler! That's exactly how it is. Lol blackskull, I shall see about going round sometime. The biggest snake I've handled so far is a 4.5 ft corn lol
blackskull Posted - 20/05/2012 : 10:25:19
lol glad i could make your decision a bit more difficult

yeah i would say it would benefit you to have a handle of larger ones, would give you an idea of weight and strength
Kelfezond Posted - 20/05/2012 : 10:23:01
Absolutely, more practice is better and throwing yourself in the deep end with a big boa keeps you on your toes my first snake that wasnt a royal was an eight foot female hahaha.
And yes she gets very scared when she is first taken out of her viv and like a scared toddler she holds onto me very very tightly, I normally sit straight down with her and wait ten minutes fit her to finally let go but this week I was inpatient. Stupid move putting her around my shoulders anyway lol
ajokocha Posted - 20/05/2012 : 10:05:26
Damn you blackskull. I was struggling enough as it is lol. Lovely Boa though :). Yea I've been reading up on them kelf and read that you should have two people to handle an adult. Oh dear! Can't imagine how scary that must of been. Was that her securing herself? Did the stiff drink do the trick? Even though it's a hatchling I'd be getting, I know a guy that has a few fair sized females. Do you think it would benefit me to go round to his place and handle a couple, to kinda get a feel for a larger snake?
Kelfezond Posted - 20/05/2012 : 10:01:38
No I've not had a chance I'm so busy building her new viv lol
austin_89 Posted - 20/05/2012 : 09:54:11
Yeah they'd have a field day with that! have you had her out since? Glad both snake and owner are still good tho
Kelfezond Posted - 20/05/2012 : 09:41:37
Only thing I'll say is be careful if you get a biggie, I always say two people to handle Pandora but honestly I've never actually done that until last week when she gotta little too tight around my neck and I couldn't call for help I had to lay down and let her make her way off and I'm not too man to say I was genuinely shaken up she went straight back into the viv and I had a stiff drink.
I didn't bother making a thread as I dont like the anti snake brigade getting more ammunition but it did really make me worry about how lightly the strength of a fully grown female boa is taken.
blackskull Posted - 20/05/2012 : 08:16:23
you wont regret getting a boa they are amazing snakes.

just to make your decision harder heres my sonoran dwarf boa
ajokocha Posted - 19/05/2012 : 23:31:03
Lol I'll take my chances I think. I just love that blue tint you get on the brbs, but I am more swayed to a bci, they do sound a lot of fun and I like the idea of a big cuddly teddy bear of a snake lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000