The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Pulse stats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiggy Posted - 28/07/2012 : 01:48:22
Me again!!! Curious query really. Got my Pulse stat 600w which states that it can be used to control two heaters????? Only one probe,so how does this work out?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tiggy Posted - 29/07/2012 : 03:54:49
Cheers guys. All makes a lot of sense now.
Lotabob Posted - 28/07/2012 : 23:55:45
Need to be a very loud alarm if I'm at work Good point about bulb been referring to ceramics.
reptilemadd Posted - 28/07/2012 : 21:42:42
Small point unless you are referring to a ceramic heater as "the bulb" you shouldn't really be using a PP Stat with normal bulbs unless you like the light house effect as the bulb will be constantly flashing when it gets up to temp lol, but on the other point about controlling more than one heat source with the same stat I'm of the belief that it's fine as long as you have the type of digital thermometer that has an alarm on if the cage it's in gets either to hot or to cold, that way you will always know if there is a problem with whatever your using to heat your cage....
boomslang Posted - 28/07/2012 : 16:21:55
quote:
I am also in camp, '1 stat 1 bulb' though. It only takes the bulb with the stat probe to blow (bulbs blow, its what they do) and go cold to absolutely cook the other vivarium. I think the more than one heat source thing is more towards heat mats that are far less likely to blow but even then I wouldn't do it, stats are safety nets for faulty heat sources, and in my book each heat source needs to have its own safety net.
Very good point,Sure you can buy super stats if you have like 20 racks to control.
Lotabob Posted - 28/07/2012 : 14:56:41
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

with running 2 bulbs you will need to set the one with the probe a little cooler as the one without the probe is likley to run a little hotter

They will run more or less exactly the same (slight variation in the heat kicked out by even the same branded bulbs) unless one is on top of the other with insufficient air flow between them or they are different sizes.

I am also in camp, '1 stat 1 bulb' though. It only takes the bulb with the stat probe to blow (bulbs blow, its what they do) and go cold to absolutely cook the other vivarium. I think the more than one heat source thing is more towards heat mats that are far less likely to blow but even then I wouldn't do it, stats are safety nets for faulty heat sources, and in my book each heat source needs to have its own safety net.
reptiledanny Posted - 28/07/2012 : 10:21:24
personally i would never use 1 thermostat to control 2 bulbs. too many things could go wrong because the probe has to be in the cage under the bulb. if royal moves probe, both bulbs heat up. if bulb with probe under blows, other bulb will carry on heating until it reaches its max. just my opinion
Unamed Posted - 28/07/2012 : 09:31:51
This is quite easy as long as both bulbs are same wattage and enclosures are roughly the same size. Just make sure uve got a thermometer in each and monitor it
chrisc Posted - 28/07/2012 : 05:44:27
you can set up a single stat to run 2 heat source's as long as the wattage of both bulbs is not higher than 600w although if i did this i would probarbly only use 2x 250w bulbs so the stat is not maxed out trying to run them.
you set one viv up with the probe as usuall but get an adaptor,small extesion lead or get an electrition to wire a double plug to the stat so both bulbs can be plugged in.
then you need to adjust the stat so the temps are reading right on digital thermometers with running 2 bulbs you will need to set the one with the probe a little cooler as the one without the probe is likley to run a little hotter
hopefully that makes sense

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000