The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Microclimate AHS Unit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bobsya Posted - 04/11/2012 : 12:23:03
Hi
I'am new Python keeper and have a CB11 female common Royal, at the moment she is housed in a 30" wood terrarium[/url]http://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/housing/vivariums/5060127652341 but I'm finding it hard to maintain the temp in the cold side currently I am using an 11" x 17" 20 Watt heat mat that is fitted under the terrarium so my Royal is not in direct contact with the heat mat.
I am going to be moving her into 2ft Viv and was going to fit a ceramic heat bulb as many people on the forum have advised this is best for Royals.
I was wondering if anyone has or would recommend using a Microclimate AHS Unit instead of a ceramic bulb.
I know everyone has there preferences but I just want to give my Royal the best habitat possible.

Cheers
Bobsya
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 04/11/2012 : 14:50:13
Also bare in mind the "built in guard" on the AHS is rubbish! Mine gets upto 100c when it's running full power, you'd definitely need a seperate guard for it.
Fezza Posted - 04/11/2012 : 14:47:23
The stat on the AHS can be a pita to get set correctly

For the price of an AHS you could get a decent bulb and stat setup that'll be a lot easier to use
bobsya Posted - 04/11/2012 : 12:49:46
Hi Kelfezond

Thanks for the quick response the AHS unit come's with a fitted thermostat, guess I will have to way up the options as the cost is roughly the same once you have brought a separate thermostat, ceramic bulb and guard
Kelfezond Posted - 04/11/2012 : 12:25:31
For a royal in a viv that size I wouldn't use an AHS it would be a bit overkill the bulb would do fine. But either would work as long as they're on thermostats :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000