The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 temps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
donjolly8947 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 18:49:20
how can i get my cold side to stay around 26 it keeps dropping
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 05/11/2012 : 08:25:27
personally i have all my stat probes fitted to the back wall inline with the heat source
can just see the stat probe under the bit of wood

but it doesnt matter too much as long as theres a digital thermometer as you said
Lindstrom Posted - 05/11/2012 : 07:57:09
The sensor should be in the middle hanging down ideally then use a thermometer on the hot and cold ends, if you have the sensor under then the whole tank will get be under the threshold before the thermostat kicks back in again.
chrisc Posted - 04/11/2012 : 21:51:32
will be fine as long as the temp drops by a minimum 3-5c in to cool end more is fine as the snake can move to the hot end when it wants.

only viv i have a slight problem with is a vivexotic thats 3ftx15"x16" not sure of the model, i keep the hot end at 30c ish for one of the boas as theres only a 1-1.5c drop in the cool end due to the size of the viv so shes kept a little cooler to reduce any chance of her being to hot
donjolly8947 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 21:28:46
i will just leave my sensor under my ceramic but thanks for all your help i think as longs as my hot
end is ok i will be fine i hope
Lindstrom Posted - 04/11/2012 : 20:34:18
I agree with chrisc but if you really want to control it and you use a ceramic then move the sensor further away but be warned this will also increase the hot end, to counter move the heat source until you get the desired temps.
chrisc Posted - 04/11/2012 : 19:24:36
i dont measure the cold end temps in my vivs as long as the hot end is the right temp then it doesnt matter too much what the cool end is
jbarlow91 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 19:11:23
Shouldn't matter too much then only other thing could do is keep the room the tank is in warmer if you get too worried
donjolly8947 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 19:05:57
ok sometimes it gets down to 23 or 22.5
jbarlow91 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 19:02:01
Its probably just cause of the cold weather so should be ok as long as it aint droping by loads the snake will thermoregulate so if he is too cold he will go to warm end anyway

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000