The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 good 4th python/boa or something else.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
punumbear Posted - 15/07/2009 : 21:23:14
ok not saying im defo getting a 4th as got these three to contend with so far and may have a fourth spot saved for what i really want... but can anyone suggest another good novice snake.. roughly grows to about the 4-5ft mark EATS WELL...lol and calm to handle.have briefly looked into rosy boa n spotted python.. !!!!!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
punumbear Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:29:44
she had roughly 5 feeds(all strike feeding apparently) b4 she came here he said she clean shed and i think he said they were in either the tray/racks or rubs..i have contacted him but hes been mega busy .. i did email him back saying she is in shed etc but have had no answer from him.. so it just seems to be draggin .. prolly cause im somewhat concerned
wolfspirit Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:23:37
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

i reeeaaalllyy blooodddyy hope so.. been dampening her moss as she int budging from hide, not disturbing her other than change water....want a shed skin n for her to get back to normal.

good luck hope she does feed.

was she feeding before you got her?

what did Steve keep her in ? was it a small rub?
punumbear Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:22:33
i reeeaaalllyy blooodddyy hope so.. been dampening her moss as she int budging from hide, not disturbing her other than change water....want a shed skin n for her to get back to normal.
wolfspirit Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:19:27
quote:

ok cheers wolf.. btw how much longer till shedding commences has been 11 days now.:O(

soon, mine take around 14 days to shed..
punumbear Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:15:48
ok cheers wolf.. btw how much longer till shedding commences has been 11 days now.:O(
wolfspirit Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:11:44
quote:

cali king.. lol loads have told me, no dont go it they are quite aggressive ... ok everyone has their own opinion.. and some of the colours of kings i have seen are absolutely stunning.. so im reserved on tht one for now.

Calis/kings can be very food orientated, but i dont think they are aggressive...but then i have only had Indy and Trio who stayed with me for a week, but in that time he was and still is fine...

Have a word with Phil a.k.a Kehhlyr...he has Trio now..
punumbear Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:10:49
ahhh sinaloan milk ???? the kids did mention those and yus very hypnotic .. also pricey but i got some time on me hands yet so ill weigh em up.
wolfspirit Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:08:55
or you could get a nice Sinaloan, they are nice snakes...and pretty to..
punumbear Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:07:50
cali king.. lol loads have told me, no dont go it they are quite aggressive ... ok everyone has their own opinion.. and some of the colours of kings i have seen are absolutely stunning.. so im reserved on tht one for now.
Blackecho Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:06:30
Bloods are very heavy and temperamental, not suitable for kids.
wolfspirit Posted - 16/07/2009 : 21:57:32
quote:

blood pythons..hmmmm shall look into em, eventually looking for more potential for chillin out as kids get involved..

if its with the kids, why not get a cali?

bloods are not really for the kids..and a dwarf burm would not be either...

IJ's are nice once they have calmed down..
punumbear Posted - 16/07/2009 : 21:54:24
blood pythons..hmmmm shall look into em, eventually looking for more potential for chillin out as kids get involved..
wolfspirit Posted - 16/07/2009 : 21:47:41
you could get a nice dwarf burm or a coastal carpet, bloods are not to big either,
punumbear Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:36:43
well defo not doing the python or boa route..
karl Posted - 15/07/2009 : 23:07:40
Well, my ij just tried to kill me, only wanted to change his water......

Looks like I will have fun (he should calm down, only been here two days)

I HAD a dwarf boa though, worst snake I ever had, I will NEVER have another boa.
punumbear Posted - 15/07/2009 : 22:39:28
gp im not looking to get anything soon just kicking ideas about i know i gotta get these two sorted and yus they r my main priority... already have a snake in mind have been doing my homework have been interested for for some time so got at least another 3-4 months to wait for it anyway..:O)
Gingerpony Posted - 15/07/2009 : 22:31:19
TBH i'd wait until you're a little more experienced and have your current snakes spot-on right

it'll give you chance to find something that you like too, and find out about the individual species' husbandry
337smile Posted - 15/07/2009 : 22:29:51
Ha Ha! Sorry, mixing up the posts I'm reading! Must stop[ tyring to do two things at once. Sorry GP!!!!!!!!!
Blackecho Posted - 15/07/2009 : 22:27:39
quote:
Originally posted by 337smile

They do look a bit scary misscat but I'd want something a bit different to my cute soft looking royal (even after he bit me last night).

MissCat?
337smile Posted - 15/07/2009 : 22:25:14
They do look a bit scary misscat but I'd want something a bit different to my cute soft looking royal (even after he bit me last night).

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000