Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  21:23:14  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok not saying im defo getting a 4th as got these three to contend with so far and may have a fourth spot saved for what i really want... but can anyone suggest another good novice snake.. roughly grows to about the 4-5ft mark EATS WELL...lol and calm to handle.have briefly looked into rosy boa n spotted python.. !!!!!

i like my animals more than i like people

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  21:25:15  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How about a Carpet Python?

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  21:33:58  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
jungle carpet python??.. can they not be be pretty highly strung...???

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  21:44:51  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are many different types of Carpet.

For instance I think the smallest type is the Irian Jaya which only grows 4-5'

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:09:40  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ahh right ok.. im guessing u have cp`s then BE

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:15:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No, but if I were to move from Royals now they would be where I headed.

Dazb has just got one though.

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1811&whichpage=1

Edited by - Blackecho on 15/07/2009 22:16:22
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:17:28  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Dazb has just got one though.

he's really nice looking but not my kinda snake, too scary! i've become a boa fan in the last year or so...

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:19:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I could co for a small Boa I suppose

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:23:32  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Agree with BE. My next snake will definately be a Carpet Python. Lovely looking, nice size and for me the biggest plus is that they don't require a high humidity like some of the bigger snakes. Really couldn't be doing with spraying and cleaning out on a regular basis.
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:24:23  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lovely looking snake.. v nice

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:25:14  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They do look a bit scary misscat but I'd want something a bit different to my cute soft looking royal (even after he bit me last night).
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:27:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 337smile

They do look a bit scary misscat but I'd want something a bit different to my cute soft looking royal (even after he bit me last night).

MissCat?

Go to Top of Page

337smile
Yearling

296 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:29:51  Show Profile  Click to see 337smile's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ha Ha! Sorry, mixing up the posts I'm reading! Must stop[ tyring to do two things at once. Sorry GP!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - 337smile on 15/07/2009 22:30:56
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:31:19  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
TBH i'd wait until you're a little more experienced and have your current snakes spot-on right

it'll give you chance to find something that you like too, and find out about the individual species' husbandry

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  22:39:28  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
gp im not looking to get anything soon just kicking ideas about i know i gotta get these two sorted and yus they r my main priority... already have a snake in mind have been doing my homework have been interested for for some time so got at least another 3-4 months to wait for it anyway..:O)

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  23:07:40  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, my ij just tried to kill me, only wanted to change his water......

Looks like I will have fun (he should calm down, only been here two days)

I HAD a dwarf boa though, worst snake I ever had, I will NEVER have another boa.

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2009 :  19:36:43  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well defo not doing the python or boa route..

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2009 :  21:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you could get a nice dwarf burm or a coastal carpet, bloods are not to big either,

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2009 :  21:54:24  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
blood pythons..hmmmm shall look into em, eventually looking for more potential for chillin out as kids get involved..

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2009 :  21:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

blood pythons..hmmmm shall look into em, eventually looking for more potential for chillin out as kids get involved..

if its with the kids, why not get a cali?

bloods are not really for the kids..and a dwarf burm would not be either...

IJ's are nice once they have calmed down..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2009 :  22:06:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bloods are very heavy and temperamental, not suitable for kids.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000