The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Slash weighs 136 g!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ukglyn Posted - 19/07/2009 : 18:30:07
Hi all, just got round to weiging Slash my 09 royal, he tips the scales at 136grammes.
I still had no luck in findidng him rat fluffs/fuzzies as yet so he will have to have another mouse, these weigh 20g, so about right? I did get a rat weaner to look at, but it is huge & weighs 42g so that will have to wait in the freezer a while till he grows bigger!
He is still very jumpy when handled, if sudden movements or noise occurrs, but does settle quite well after a while.
Bless him
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
337smile Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:49:20
Planning on buying 6 months worth while i'm of off work over summer.
wolfspirit Posted - 20/07/2009 : 19:04:44
shame your not both the same side of the country, you could have split an order between each other..
ukglyn Posted - 20/07/2009 : 18:59:59
Cannock, staffordshire :-(
337smile Posted - 20/07/2009 : 00:30:11
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

You're both down South aren't you? - If not, there are a couple of shops in South Yorks that do Rat Fluffs.

No, Durham
Blackecho Posted - 19/07/2009 : 23:03:40
You're both down South aren't you? - If not, there are a couple of shops in South Yorks that do Rat Fluffs.
ukglyn Posted - 19/07/2009 : 22:34:38
Top idea
337smile Posted - 19/07/2009 : 22:14:47
quote:
Originally posted by ukglyn

Im thinking I might have to get them online as well & get them sent to my dads house, not sure he would love storing them in his freezer till I can pick them up though.

Don't tell him.

pretend they are posh fish fingers.
ukglyn Posted - 19/07/2009 : 22:10:03
Im thinking I might have to get them online as well & get them sent to my dads house, not sure he would love storing them in his freezer till I can pick them up though.
337smile Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:57:09
Yeah, I'll be able to order them online during summer holidays as i'll be off work and at home. Good luck with your rat hunting.
ukglyn Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:55:35
quote:
Originally posted by 337smile

quote:

lol thanks all, he seemed to love it, made me feel sick the smell, then the tray I put in the viv to feed him on was all covered in blood & guts. Lee seems you might have a racist snake.

no, not racist, bless him. He eats them, it just takes him 3 or 4 attempts to strike and hit them. Hoping he doesn't get my finger again.

Edit: Nailed it at 2nd attempt.

Good news, we just need the right size of rat now & we be away

337smile Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:50:04
quote:

lol thanks all, he seemed to love it, made me feel sick the smell, then the tray I put in the viv to feed him on was all covered in blood & guts. Lee seems you might have a racist snake.

no, not racist, bless him. He eats them, it just takes him 3 or 4 attempts to strike and hit them. Hoping he doesn't get my finger again.

Edit: Nailed it at 2nd attempt.
ukglyn Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:47:16
337smile Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:39:32
Sounds like Slash is living up to his name. My stupid boy can't seem to see/smell black mice. Twice I've tried him now and both times he's struck but missed. Rat pups - fine, first time at head. Just removed mouse he missed. Try again in half an hour, might try putting light on.
wolfspirit Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:37:32
quote:
Originally posted by Remmy

quote:

Well he fed, but a right messy affair, the mouse split open as he constricted it, he then put his head inside its guts & rumaged about, horrible. He ate it though so thats the main thing.
He was that weight empty, so will try to weigh him in that state everytime.

Horrible to you maybe, not to slash

yeah, makes it more tasty..lol..
Remmy Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:36:49
quote:

Well he fed, but a right messy affair, the mouse split open as he constricted it, he then put his head inside its guts & rumaged about, horrible. He ate it though so thats the main thing.

Horrible to you maybe, not to slash
wolfspirit Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:18:20
quote:

great stuff...bet it was well smelly..lol..
ukglyn Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:14:55
337smile Posted - 19/07/2009 : 20:45:01
WOW. Big boy!

Same here Glyn, No luck getting rat fluffs/fuzzies. Will keep trying, and if I find some I will buy their entire stock! He should settle with handling. Mine's fine with moves and noises, it's only sudden moves hear his head that he jumps at, but then I'm the same.

Tip for weighing; weigh after he's had a poo. It'll help keep an accurate record of his weight. Mine put on 15g in a week but only because he'd had another feed, so weighing when "empty" will remove that variable.

i'm feeding my 09 tonight too. One small mouseand rat pup. Race ya!

Lee
Blackecho Posted - 19/07/2009 : 20:35:40
Good luck.
ukglyn Posted - 19/07/2009 : 20:23:13
Thanks all, just making sure I am on the right lines. Feed time in a bit.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000