The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 ASSIST FEEDING

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
longjon75 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 15:55:41
Hi all my royal Rudi didnt look well at all over the past few days he hasnt eaten for 6 weeks and hes been in shed for the last two weeks but the skin had just stayed on him like a baggy sock so i took him to the rep shop where i bought him and he gave me some solution called shed ease told me to bathe him in this and rub him gently to help the skin come off so with gentle care and help from my wife Lynda i managed to do this!!The guy at the shop also told me after id helped him shed i must assist feed him being new to keeping snakes im a bit warey about doing this as i dont want to hurt Rudi by doing it can some of you lovely peeps give me some advice plsssssss
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 12/08/2009 : 12:29:54
How long have you had them yourself?

How much do they weigh in total?

I would stop misting them too if it were me.
wolfspirit Posted - 12/08/2009 : 11:25:11
quote:
Originally posted by carol131050

MY ROYAL PYTHONS WON'T EAT.ONE WOULDNT EAT RATS THE OTHER WOULDNT EAT MICE.HAVE TRIED BOTH FOR EACH OF THEM.SINCE JUNE 14th BO HAS LOST 400g AND PI HAS LOST 300g.I AM VERY WORRIED NOW.I HAVE ALWAYS FED THEM OUT OF THE VIV(THEY HAVE THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL BOXES).I HAVE SINCE TRIED TO FEED THEM SEPARATELY IN THE VIV.STILL NO LUCK.BO SHED A FEW WEEKS AGO.THEY ARE STILL LIVELY AT NIGHT.THEIR VIV HASN'T BEEN CHANGED IN ANY WAY AS TO HAVE STRESSED THEM.VIV SIZE 3'.THEY ARE TWO YEARS OLD,VERY FRIENDLY.I HAVE NOW TRIED REPTOBOOST AS A LAST RESORT.I HAVE ALWAYS MISTED THEIR VIV EACH MORNING,TO ENSURE THE HUMIDITY.THIS HAS NEVER CAUSED A PROBLEM WITH THEM.
PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.THE LAST TIME THEY ATE WAS 24th JUNE(1 SML MOUSE-BO,1 SML RAT-Pi.

Can you post some pics of your set ups for them please? and information including temps and stuff, thanks

are they housed together?

How old are they?

they should be housed seperately for many many reasons, the number one being illnesses and also that they are solitary animals, it is us that think they need to be together...
carol131050 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 10:31:44
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

assist and force feeding can be VERY stressful....... and not just for the snake!

has he lost a lot of weight recently? how are you heating the prey item? has he ever eaten with you? was he previously an established feeder? if so on what prey item and size? what is your set up like? could it be contributing towards him not feeding?

(there's more but i need to stop for air........ )

MY ROYAL PYTHONS WON'T EAT.ONE WOULDNT EAT RATS THE OTHER WOULDNT EAT MICE.HAVE TRIED BOTH FOR EACH OF THEM.SINCE JUNE 14th BO HAS LOST 400g AND PI HAS LOST 300g.I AM VERY WORRIED NOW.I HAVE ALWAYS FED THEM OUT OF THE VIV(THEY HAVE THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL BOXES).I HAVE SINCE TRIED TO FEED THEM SEPARATELY IN THE VIV.STILL NO LUCK.BO SHED A FEW WEEKS AGO.THEY ARE STILL LIVELY AT NIGHT.THEIR VIV HASN'T BEEN CHANGED IN ANY WAY AS TO HAVE STRESSED THEM.VIV SIZE 3'.THEY ARE TWO YEARS OLD,VERY FRIENDLY.I HAVE NOW TRIED REPTOBOOST AS A LAST RESORT.I HAVE ALWAYS MISTED THEIR VIV EACH MORNING,TO ENSURE THE HUMIDITY.THIS HAS NEVER CAUSED A PROBLEM WITH THEM.
PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.THE LAST TIME THEY ATE WAS 24th JUNE(1 SML MOUSE-BO,1 SML RAT-Pi.
robbie_dee Posted - 11/08/2009 : 15:27:49
been 3 days now since they both fed and all is still in the belly so think everything is fine now. i think it was due to the stress of the move. she had never done it before so fingers crossed she wont do it again! but time will tell.
wolfspirit Posted - 11/08/2009 : 15:06:04
quote:
Originally posted by robbie_dee

it is worrying tho when they regurgitate. i didnt know what to do saw her do it not very nice, but it is all down this time so far so good!!

if your snake regurges again, it is best to leave them for ten days and then offer something really small, then if that stays down offer the normal meal seven days later..
robbie_dee Posted - 11/08/2009 : 11:46:06
it is worrying tho when they regurgitate. i didnt know what to do saw her do it not very nice, but it is all down this time so far so good!!
wolfspirit Posted - 10/08/2009 : 22:34:09
quote:
Originally posted by robbie_dee

i had the same probs with ronnie our female she had regurgitated her meal 2 days after we got her home from the shop and didnt show any signs wanting to feed every time i tried to feed her so gave her a pinky and when she was eating that just followed a fuzzy on straight after she swallowed all and touch wood will be fine next time round!

I had a corn that did that, was fed to close to her travelling..

Blackecho Posted - 10/08/2009 : 10:25:02
Fingers crossed Robbie.
robbie_dee Posted - 10/08/2009 : 09:33:08
i had the same probs with ronnie our female she had regurgitated her meal 2 days after we got her home from the shop and didnt show any signs wanting to feed every time i tried to feed her so gave her a pinky and when she was eating that just followed a fuzzy on straight after she swallowed all and touch wood will be fine next time round!
Blackecho Posted - 07/08/2009 : 19:14:59
I haven't heard from you Jon so I guess you're not requiring my help this time. Good luck and if you need me in the future, just ask.
karl Posted - 07/08/2009 : 19:05:43
Only wish I could have come down and done it for you. Best of luck this weekend
ukglyn Posted - 06/08/2009 : 20:47:36
Been foloowing this thread any news yet on how things are going to work out? Hope all turns out fine in the end for all concerned.
wolfspirit Posted - 06/08/2009 : 12:10:13
quote:
Originally posted by kashie

Check out 'Should I be worried?' - royal health.

on my way now;-)
kashie Posted - 06/08/2009 : 12:03:44
Check out 'Should I be worried?' - royal health.
wolfspirit Posted - 06/08/2009 : 11:52:02
quote:

He's lost 11grms which isnt that bad but I have been considering going down the assist feed route if he refuses again.

We had a drama last night with him - wont explain in this thread - will post on my own thread in health problems.

what have you tried him with Kashie?
kashie Posted - 06/08/2009 : 11:49:30
He's lost 11grms which isnt that bad but I have been considering going down the assist feed route if he refuses again.

We had a drama last night with him - wont explain in this thread - will post on my own thread in health problems.
wolfspirit Posted - 06/08/2009 : 11:46:06
quote:

My heart goes out to you - have been thinking of going down this route with my albino.

Good luck and hope things work out.

Kashie, is your albino losing weight?

have you tried him on mice or multis?
kashie Posted - 06/08/2009 : 11:43:08
My heart goes out to you - have been thinking of going down this route with my albino.

Good luck and hope things work out.
spor Posted - 05/08/2009 : 22:00:11
I just wanted to wish you luck with this. fingers crossed.
Blackecho Posted - 05/08/2009 : 20:30:13
Jon, do you want to have a chat on MSN?

Feel free to add me, my address is in my profile.

Piers

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000