The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 snappy royal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 17:56:01
i have a really agressive nasty royal i thought it may have been because he was just a little scared but its been 3 months now and hes got worse yet following advise from other people who keep snakes i cant think of anything to do this lil guy is that scared he bites his own tail if it goes in front of him and hes fed well and in good condition now i have made him alot better than when i had him he looks great just really agressive not even having to go in his enclosure and he bites and from in your hands he bites any help and ideas
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robbie_dee Posted - 10/08/2009 : 23:17:19
nothing new there then really wolf spirit haha is there anytime that they dont get funny at feeding time lol
wolfspirit Posted - 10/08/2009 : 23:06:23
quote:
Originally posted by robbie_dee

i did hear that some shop do lower the temp in aggresive snakes to stop them from showing the signs of agression. one tip i was given was to try handling him in a pillow case so he cant actually strike you but he will still get used to being handled! and also getting used to your scent! not sure if that would help at all lol but worth a try! does reaching sexual maturity have any impact on their temprement??

no, they can just get tricky when feeding..lol
matty18714 Posted - 10/08/2009 : 22:43:05
quote:
Originally posted by robbie_dee

does reaching sexual maturity have any impact on their temprement??

Nope.
robbie_dee Posted - 10/08/2009 : 22:41:53
i did hear that some shop do lower the temp in aggresive snakes to stop them from showing the signs of agression. one tip i was given was to try handling him in a pillow case so he cant actually strike you but he will still get used to being handled! and also getting used to your scent! not sure if that would help at all lol but worth a try! does reaching sexual maturity have any impact on their temprement??
wolfspirit Posted - 10/08/2009 : 22:31:24
quote:
Originally posted by deano

a microclimate bulb stat thats what it says

habistat bulb control

Does it say if the stat is a B1 or anything, Matty is trying to help you and we all will...

but just because all of your other royals are fine does not mean this one is, well it isnt or you would not be having trouble and i am not saying it is your fault or anything...

does it dim the red light when the temps are reached?

Also the only reason Matty asked to see your set up was to try and identify anything that might cause your royal to not be happy..

I had a royal and a corn the royal was scared of her own shadow and the corn would strike at any opportunity,

I used a hanky that i had on me for 24 hours and kept swapping them over..with time they are both now fine..

but if you have had him for 3 months he should be used to you by now..
Remmy Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:51:28
Agree with matty. The only bulb stat i know is a dimmer stat and that shouldnt go on and off.
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:28:21
a microclimate bulb stat thats what it says

habistat bulb control
matty18714 Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:22:49
Do you know what model the stat is?
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:20:29
well 3 aint all gonna be out
matty18714 Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:19:43
Dial thermometer of digital thermometers? Dials can be very inacurate.
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:19:41
no its a microclimate stat that all the others are on it is advertised as a bulb stat and all my others are on it i have a matt stat on my matts not that one. i used themometers
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:17:47
the stat does go on and off but its a microclimate stat and says for bulbs i have 2 matt stats for the matts in other corn snakes and stuff and my royals are on that stat they are ok thermometers
matty18714 Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:16:14
A proper stat for lights...so a dimmer stat? If it was a dimmer stat, the light wouldnt be turrning on and off. Where is the probe for this stat? What type of thermometers did you use to check the temp?
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:13:13
a propper light stat for lights so why are all the others ok running off the same stat same bulbs and same setups i checked useing multiple themometers
matty18714 Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:11:21
quote:
Originally posted by deano

its a red bulb 100 watt its on a therm it goes on and off its been on that for ages now all my others are fine in same sort of setup yes guarded in the middle of tank i have checked the heat spots

Ok......what type of thermostat is it running off? A pulse stat or a mat stat? That will stress the snake out. A light bulb turning on and off will irritate the snake. What did you use to check the surface temp and the ambient temp?
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:07:22
not really aint got one i can answer any questions u have because its basically off top iof my head
Remmy Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:05:24
Can you put a pic off his set up on here
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:05:01
its a red bulb 100 watt its on a therm it goes on and off its been on that for ages now all my others are fine in same sort of setup yes guarded in the middle of tank i have checked the heat spots
matty18714 Posted - 10/08/2009 : 20:03:24
What kind of bulb? If it on all night? Are you using a thermostat? Is it guarded? Where are the thermometers? Like I said, pic of your setup would help.
deano Posted - 10/08/2009 : 19:53:04
he was in a 2 foot cube one and he was just as bad soo i just at loss to an end

just a bulb
he really is just nasty

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000