The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Royal question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ludo Posted - 27/08/2009 : 12:48:55
I got my first royal a couple of days ago and since then ive left it alone apart from filling its water and putting a different hide in, for which I had to lift him out and I put him on my bed whilst I did it. Anyway I was under the impression that they were always hiding. Mine seems to buck this trend and is always out exploring does this mean somethings wrong?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
karl Posted - 28/08/2009 : 11:32:06
Stig stays in his hide all day long till about 11pm, Boo on the other hand spends about 20 mins in her hide, and the rest of the time out and about, but she's a weirdo
antw23uk Posted - 28/08/2009 : 09:45:45
My 07 generally lounges around in the cool end of his RUB all the time. He is so friendly and confident and such a good eater i dont worry about that (warm end 88-90F under his hide)

My 09 isnt scared of ANYTHING .. i only have to walk past his RUB and he comes out to check if its feeding time. I swear he would eat every day if given the chance, lol
Robert Posted - 27/08/2009 : 23:20:30
They sure do like to hide during the day and some like to hide all the time but if you have the right temperature and environment and your snake is feeding well then you have little to worry about, they all have slightly different behaviours and from my experience once they get used to being handled and alowed to roam free a little they always want to explore :)
Remmy Posted - 27/08/2009 : 17:46:24
If the temps are ok and hes got hides he is probably exploring his new home. Tilly was out every night when i first put her in the viv now i hardly see her.
chris100575 Posted - 27/08/2009 : 13:08:19
As Cat said, if your setup is right he's probably just exploring his new surroundings.
MissCat Posted - 27/08/2009 : 13:04:07
sometimes they have a good explore in the first few hours after you put them in their new home or change something in there.
It can also mean that something is not quite to their liking and they are looking for an escape, but you may also just have an inquisitive royal as i know a few people swear blind that everything is alright and theirs is just different.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000