The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 average weight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Heffa Posted - 14/09/2009 : 15:20:10
Hiya

Has anyone got a weight guide.

Heffa is just about 3 months and weighs 150grams, weighed her today.

I feed her once every 7 days. She had a small mouse last week, compared to the hopper the week before. She has been a bit curious today.

She is due her next feed tomorrow, but not sure if she is going into shed, so will see how she is.

Do we have a guide, for average weights at particular ages

*moved by moderator from introductions
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spor Posted - 06/07/2010 : 23:35:50
as above. if she is 100g then her food item sould be 10-15% so 10-15g. a mouse pinkie only weighs about 3 or 4grams a rat pup/pinkie is normally around 7grams to 12grams. a small mouse around 11g-15g. are there abouts.
Blackecho Posted - 06/07/2010 : 12:50:24
Mouse pink or rat pink?

A mouse pink is so small that a Royal may not even recognise it as food. Try a small mouse or rat pup.

Don't worry, 4 weeks is nothing for a Royal, even a hatchling. Keep a check on any weight loss though just to be sure.
lilruthie Posted - 06/07/2010 : 12:20:38
hi there i have been tryin her on pinkies, i try her about once a week but she does not show any interest at all, she is very active in her viv but just not interested in feeding x
spor Posted - 05/07/2010 : 01:05:52
100g is a good weight for a 10week old. especially if she has not fed for 4weeks what are you feed her or trying to feed and how often? you have also asked this in a very old thread migh be worth starting your own that you can update and ask questions in. bit easier to manage that way
lilruthie Posted - 04/07/2010 : 17:53:38
hi i have a 10 week old royal python and am a bit worried as i have had her since she was 6 weeks old and has not fed once yet. I keep tryin to feed her but still not interested. I weighed her yesterday and she is 100grms is this under weight for her age??? i am a bit worried about her not eating.

Hugs Ruthie
Gingerpony Posted - 14/09/2009 : 21:03:47
try to get it onto rats as soon as you can, find a rat pup/fuzzy a similar size as the mouse you're feeding then gradually move up the sizes
wolfspirit Posted - 14/09/2009 : 17:35:04
as has been said they vary so much and so many factors are involved, i would say as long as she is eating then your going the right way..

but as BE says a small mouse is probably to small, when my young royal was that weight she was on rat fluffs...and then upped to small weaners when she was ready..
Blackecho Posted - 14/09/2009 : 17:17:14
I think we started one but can't remember how far we got.

150g sounds ok though, however, your prey item might be a little small?
lee2308 Posted - 14/09/2009 : 17:09:31
i think you will find there is no average weight when it comes to snakes,they all grow at differant rate,but at that weigh i would feed every 5 days until hes 400grams

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000