average weight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  15:20:10  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

Has anyone got a weight guide.

Heffa is just about 3 months and weighs 150grams, weighed her today.

I feed her once every 7 days. She had a small mouse last week, compared to the hopper the week before. She has been a bit curious today.

She is due her next feed tomorrow, but not sure if she is going into shed, so will see how she is.

Do we have a guide, for average weights at particular ages

*moved by moderator from introductions

GEPowditch

Edited by - dazb on 14/09/2009 16:47:28

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  17:09:31  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think you will find there is no average weight when it comes to snakes,they all grow at differant rate,but at that weigh i would feed every 5 days until hes 400grams

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  17:17:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think we started one but can't remember how far we got.

150g sounds ok though, however, your prey item might be a little small?

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  17:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as has been said they vary so much and so many factors are involved, i would say as long as she is eating then your going the right way..

but as BE says a small mouse is probably to small, when my young royal was that weight she was on rat fluffs...and then upped to small weaners when she was ready..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  21:03:47  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
try to get it onto rats as soon as you can, find a rat pup/fuzzy a similar size as the mouse you're feeding then gradually move up the sizes

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

lilruthie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  17:53:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i have a 10 week old royal python and am a bit worried as i have had her since she was 6 weeks old and has not fed once yet. I keep tryin to feed her but still not interested. I weighed her yesterday and she is 100grms is this under weight for her age??? i am a bit worried about her not eating.

Hugs Ruthie

Hugs lilruthie xxx
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  01:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
100g is a good weight for a 10week old. especially if she has not fed for 4weeks what are you feed her or trying to feed and how often? you have also asked this in a very old thread migh be worth starting your own that you can update and ask questions in. bit easier to manage that way

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle

Edited by - spor on 05/07/2010 01:07:44
Go to Top of Page

lilruthie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  12:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there i have been tryin her on pinkies, i try her about once a week but she does not show any interest at all, she is very active in her viv but just not interested in feeding x

Hugs lilruthie xxx
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  12:50:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mouse pink or rat pink?

A mouse pink is so small that a Royal may not even recognise it as food. Try a small mouse or rat pup.

Don't worry, 4 weeks is nothing for a Royal, even a hatchling. Keep a check on any weight loss though just to be sure.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as above. if she is 100g then her food item sould be 10-15% so 10-15g. a mouse pinkie only weighs about 3 or 4grams a rat pup/pinkie is normally around 7grams to 12grams. a small mouse around 11g-15g. are there abouts.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page