The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 More shedding problems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
russm Posted - 23/09/2009 : 08:47:01
Memphis had his second shed last night but it was nowhere near pefect. It all came off in bits and he had some still stuck on him this morning. I dont like the thought of him not being able to shed properly. He is in a rub that sits above my viv. I dont have a humidity gauge yet but it is 55% in the viv below. He has a moss hide and a water bowl so I am not sure what else I can do in order to make things easier for him. I gave him a short bath this morning and removed the rest of the skin that was stuck so he looks good now but was wondering if there is anything else I can do to help for next time.
On the plus side he has put on 34g in that last 10 days so good signs he is getting bigger.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingerpony Posted - 23/09/2009 : 18:02:49
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

next time you could try taking out all hides and leaving just the moss hide in there

that would be my approach, provide 2 damp hides and remove the usual ones so he has to use the damp hides
kashie Posted - 23/09/2009 : 13:53:14
As BE said, I dont think there is much more you can do really - it's just one of those things.

I have snakes that like to use a moss hide and others dont - one likes the water dish and the other just takes to his cave for a few days before!!!

The one that likes his water dish had a few bad sheds when I first had him - like you I tried the moss hide which he didnt like - he decided to use the dish instead and shed beautifully the next time.

Yours maybe ok next time - Not alot of help I know but it may correct itself. :)
wolfspirit Posted - 23/09/2009 : 13:14:44
next time you could try taking out all hides and leaving just the moss hide in there, and/or moving the water bowl closer to the warm end after his eyes have cleared...it doesnt need to be completely in the warm end....good luck with the next one;-)
russm Posted - 23/09/2009 : 12:36:18
I have it on the cool side normally, I know you can move it to the hot side but from what I have been reading my humidity is quite high as it is so I was reluctant to do that incase it went to high and gave me complications.
lee2308 Posted - 23/09/2009 : 12:26:08
which end do you have the water bowl
Blackecho Posted - 23/09/2009 : 12:02:56
Not much you can do really, it might just be one of those things and may be fine next time (fingers crossed).

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000