New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

russm
Yearling

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  08:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Memphis had his second shed last night but it was nowhere near pefect. It all came off in bits and he had some still stuck on him this morning. I dont like the thought of him not being able to shed properly. He is in a rub that sits above my viv. I dont have a humidity gauge yet but it is 55% in the viv below. He has a moss hide and a water bowl so I am not sure what else I can do in order to make things easier for him. I gave him a short bath this morning and removed the rest of the skin that was stuck so he looks good now but was wondering if there is anything else I can do to help for next time.
On the plus side he has put on 34g in that last 10 days so good signs he is getting bigger.

2.1.0 Royal - Memphis & tbc
2.0.0 Labs - Cooper & Max
1.1.0 Clown fish
0.0.2 Goldfish
0.2.0 Rats - Izzy & Tess

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  12:02:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not much you can do really, it might just be one of those things and may be fine next time (fingers crossed).

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  12:26:08  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
which end do you have the water bowl

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

russm
Yearling

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  12:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have it on the cool side normally, I know you can move it to the hot side but from what I have been reading my humidity is quite high as it is so I was reluctant to do that incase it went to high and gave me complications.

2.1.0 Royal - Memphis & tbc
2.0.0 Labs - Cooper & Max
1.1.0 Clown fish
0.0.2 Goldfish
0.2.0 Rats - Izzy & Tess
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  13:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
next time you could try taking out all hides and leaving just the moss hide in there, and/or moving the water bowl closer to the warm end after his eyes have cleared...it doesnt need to be completely in the warm end....good luck with the next one;-)

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

kashie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
567 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  13:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As BE said, I dont think there is much more you can do really - it's just one of those things.

I have snakes that like to use a moss hide and others dont - one likes the water dish and the other just takes to his cave for a few days before!!!

The one that likes his water dish had a few bad sheds when I first had him - like you I tried the moss hide which he didnt like - he decided to use the dish instead and shed beautifully the next time.

Yours maybe ok next time - Not alot of help I know but it may correct itself. :)

01.01.00 Whippets - Dylan and Tigger
01.01.00 AfricanGreys - Jasper and Ruby
00.00.15 KoiCarp
01.01.00 RoyalPython -Ebanks Blake and Gladysss
01.00.00 MojaveRoyal - Kelso
01.00.00 AlbinoRoyal - Ziggy
00.01.00 PastelRoyal - Phyllisss
00.01.00 SpiderRoyal - Wincey
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  18:02:49  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

next time you could try taking out all hides and leaving just the moss hide in there

that would be my approach, provide 2 damp hides and remove the usual ones so he has to use the damp hides

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000