The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Soaking in water bowl?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
laura118 Posted - 20/10/2009 : 16:05:03
Is it necessary to have a bowl big enough to let the royal soak in?
I am having a bit of trouble lowering the humidity.
I have plently of holes in the box, water is in the cool end, but its quite a big bowl.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bengy_s Posted - 23/10/2009 : 13:04:21
Yes to elaberate what Spore was saying is your thermometer & hygrometer digital or analogue/ needle. I had the needle/ analogue Exo Terra ones and they were 5C out on the temperature so its possible on a hygrometer that would equate to 10-15% (distance needle is out). If you have a digital one then it should be accurate and could be down to the large water bowl and moss hide. Mine has small water bowl and no moss hide and he seems fine. The humidity ranges between 48& & 57%. I see him dunking his whole head in from time to time! Is the room you keep him/her in quite humid?
spor Posted - 22/10/2009 : 22:13:40
ok laura. go for smaller water bowl and no moss hide. as you may have read else where, the moss is mainly for when in shed and not every snake needs it or will use it. there other thing i would suggest is if you know any one close to you with a different digital hygrometer, to borrow it and double check, it is possible to get a faulty one . ( i have had 2 faulty ones). Are you getting condensation in the rub at all?

Heaton. Yeah I'd say could be getting ready for shed. or maybe just fancied a swim.
heaton177 Posted - 22/10/2009 : 17:28:22
a tad off topic here but i found my royal soaking in the bowl this morning, i have never seen him do this in the 2 months ive had him. i got him when he was going into shed. should i presue he is going into shed now? and should i offer him food as he hasnt ate in about 4/ 5 days and hes normaly mooching around his viv by the forth day looking for food.
Heffa Posted - 22/10/2009 : 14:14:04
if your humidity is high, then i wouldt put a damp hide in as although, some people say it doesnt raise the humidity, i found it did. A more experienced person should be able to give you a definate answer though
laura118 Posted - 20/10/2009 : 16:20:09
Thanks i will try it, and see if my humidity goes down,
i would hate him to get a RI. Should i add a moist hide instead?
Blackecho Posted - 20/10/2009 : 16:13:27
In a rub I'd have a small one.
laura118 Posted - 20/10/2009 : 16:12:53
What would your opinion be? put a smaller water dish in or
leave it with the bigger one?
Blackecho Posted - 20/10/2009 : 16:11:36
Not necessary I wouldn't say, some of mine like a soak, others don't.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000