The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Back to the RUB?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
antw23uk Posted - 25/10/2009 : 08:46:11
Well its been a month now since Obran went into his new viv which we hand built and are pretty proud of. Shame Obran doesnt feel like that
He is normally a great strike feeder but since being in the new viv which is pretty much the same size as his 50Ltr RUB but with a ceramic he just hasnt eaten ... very unlike him.

So do i put him back in his 50ltr or stick with it and keep trying different methods? (I'm currently holding out on his water for a few days before offering a rat on about Tuesday!)

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bengy_s Posted - 29/10/2009 : 14:25:34
Good to hear Ant. Think he would have gotten used to the viv but at least he's eating now!
antw23uk Posted - 28/10/2009 : 20:46:08
Hi guys ... sorry i havent been on for a while. I put Obran back in his RUB three days ago

He strike fed on a big fat rat tonight
bengy_s Posted - 25/10/2009 : 15:14:35
I would say to keep with it too. Chester has had a stressful few weeks. He's been moved about but he is eating now. Chances are its the time of year. You'll probably find if you moved him back he won't eat anyway as you're changing his surroundings again.

A link to a sticky on non-feeders is here, posted by Rosie incase you've not seen it already:

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53

karl Posted - 25/10/2009 : 09:49:29
It's more likely to be the time of year. Stig has now missed two feeds, the first time this has EVER happened. He is extra active, so I assume it's "I want a mate" season
Blackecho Posted - 25/10/2009 : 09:03:50
What's the problem, is he now unhealthy, is he losing weight?

Why would you take the water away if it wasn't desperate?

It is not uncommon for snakes to go long periods without food, especially Royal Pythons and especially at this time of year.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000