The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 upgrading my viv & heat mat issues - please help!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brookehamiltonx Posted - 28/12/2009 : 21:40:42
Hi!
I'm upgrading my RP's viv to a exo terra 90x45x45 terrarium. would this be allright to last my female a lifetime?
I am the only person who deals with her in the household & so I entirely care for her myself so she stays in my bedroom where there is a low light. I was wondering wether I could use some sort of overhead light on her tank? Oh & the whole point of this post was.. does anybody know what heat mat would be best for her & this terrarium? I'm really having to get her in her new enclosure asap so any help would be great. Thanks, Brooke xx
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lukee Posted - 29/12/2009 : 22:43:23
Haha ye, I see id have to get a foot stoolXD, would it be wise to spend 45£ more and get the vx36 3 stack rather than the lx36, im not sure.
Thanks,
Luke.
Gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:37:29
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

The LX should be sufficient, however, I go for the VX myself.

and BE's a giant so a stack of 10 tall vivs is no problem for him................
Lukee Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:04:28
Ill go for the lx just that little bit cheaper and its perfect height in the sloping room soo anymore and it just wouldnt fit thanks alot,
Luke.
Blackecho Posted - 29/12/2009 : 19:59:52
The LX should be sufficient, however, I go for the VX myself.
Lukee Posted - 29/12/2009 : 19:37:53
ah yeh ones just biggger no worrys, do you guys reckon that the lx36 would be suitable or do I need a vx36?
Lukee Posted - 29/12/2009 : 19:19:26
hey guys can I just mention what is the difference between the LX36 and the VX36 cause the VX tend to be a bit more expensive?
Zoobeef Posted - 29/12/2009 : 18:43:24
Just ordered a walnut vivexotic in 24"x15"x16" for about £37 squid. Hopefully it should be here soon
brookehamiltonx Posted - 29/12/2009 : 17:57:24
thanks a lot think i might just go with the walnut maybe
phoned up the place where i got my baby from & they said they have a few wooden & glass vivs in stock for £1OO, not too sure still what im going to do, shes still a little baby - just want the best for her oh i know gingerpony only the best for royalty kidding xx
Gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 07:36:51
quote:
Originally posted by brookehamiltonx

i know it sounds reeeealy vain its just because i was trying to make the tank a 'focal point' in my newly decorated 'modern style' room - oh well would rather have a happy serpent than a rotten tank that wouldn't work

i'm VERY glad you're putting your snake's welfare over matching particular decor, it's just i know some don't

the vivexotic range are REALLY nice and would definitely still make a nice focal point in the room
Blackecho Posted - 29/12/2009 : 00:58:01
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIVEXOTIC-REPTILE-VIVARIUM-WALNUT-LX36_W0QQitemZ160367685348QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects?hash=item2556a8aee4

or with a bit more height:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vivexotic-VX36-Beech-Wooden-Vivarium-Beech-VX-36_W0QQitemZ350296628853QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects?hash=item518f4e5e75
Blackecho Posted - 29/12/2009 : 00:55:59
ebay about £65. Search for 'vivexotic'
brookehamiltonx Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:06:07
thanks totally back to square one though now lol
yeah she's getting quite large now, and the only reason i didn't really want to get a wooden viv is she is going to be on display on a long white unit, and it probably wont go lol :L i know it sounds reeeealy vain its just because i was trying to make the tank a 'focal point' in my newly decorated 'modern style' room - oh well would rather have a happy serpent than a rotten tank that wouldn't work lol oh & thanks btw xx

anybody got any ideas where i could source a nice looking viv about 3ft - oh & one thats not too dear aswel lol thankyouuuuuuu xx
Gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:41:30
basically no lol

you'd be MUCH better going for a wooden viv of a similar size but as the E-T is glass with a mesh lid maintaining the right temps is a nightmare!

depending on how big your royal is, if you buy a 3 foot viv now you can easily section off a wooden viv so it has a smaller section to live in until it gets to adult size and requires the full viv. and as your royal growns and fills out and gets more heavier-bodied a ceramic or similar is the best method of heating for them (although mats are absolutely fine for hatchies/juvies in tubs/RUBS)
brookehamiltonx Posted - 28/12/2009 : 21:41:21
& if anybody could provide me with links, that would be awesome xx

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000