The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 dose anyone knpw if

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bilbo Posted - 02/01/2010 : 21:33:37
hi just wanted to ask i have just got a python got her on the 30th and i have been letting her get on with it for a week but i have gone in her viv to change her water today and i think she was hissing at me.. is what i want to know is will she carry on doing this or is it just the move and the new home and new smells and it will stop?? when i went to get her the guy picked her up with no problems and i held her and she seemed fine i am just hoping its just the move and she will be fine after a week or so...

also the guy fed her in the viv do you think i should carry on feeding her in the viv or do you think it will be fine if i take her out and feed her in a rub as i do this with all my corns..

the last one is do female pythons lay eggs without being around a male or do they need a male?? its just the guy told me he found eggs in her viv and just wanted to find out if thats true or not..

sorry but just wanted to ask the above and thanks for your help..
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 03/01/2010 : 09:52:31
quote:
Originally posted by bilbo

also at what age dose a royal python become fully grown?????

They're tended to be considered adult at over 3 years.
bilbo Posted - 02/01/2010 : 23:22:38
cool thanks for that..
james200789 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 23:16:04
they grow all of their lives but in their adult years they may only grow 1 mm a year it slows right down. they usually average about 4ft - 4.5ft but have been known to reach 6ft.
bilbo Posted - 02/01/2010 : 22:26:44
also at what age dose a royal python become fully grown?????
Gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 22:01:27
i'd initially get feeding established then try feeding out of the viv, but only cause they can be stressy snakes

and yes very occasionally females can lay slugs (infertile eggs) without a male or without having been in with a male for a long time - they can store sperm for use at a later date! i'd certainly be asking questions if he found them in her viv and she's been living on her own though...........
Gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 21:57:43
when i first got my royal he hissed at me, just once, i totally ignored him and picked him up anyway and he never bothered trying it again

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000