The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 How much it cost for a royal python habitat?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/01/2010 : 13:21:00
How much it cost for building up a habitat for a royal excluding the price of the snake.Please help me.[8
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingerpony Posted - 10/01/2010 : 21:33:02
oh i forgot lo, it came up in 'active topics' and i'd bitten my tongue long enough with the OP............
Blackecho Posted - 10/01/2010 : 21:18:37
As the OP has been banned he's unlikely to be coming back for an answer,but good info to have on the forum anyway
Gingerpony Posted - 10/01/2010 : 21:01:07
how much it costs is like 'how long is a piece of string?'

you could pay £50 for a set-up from one place or £150 for an identical set-up from another place..............
brookehamiltonx Posted - 09/01/2010 : 18:42:28
Oh & also, it really depends what kind of style of habitat you are wanting to create for your royal. Remember, it doesn't really have to be a big elaborate design, something such as a RUB (really useful box) such as a tupperware or rubbermaid storage box proves to be a great enviroment for a hatchling and adult ball python, as long as they are a suitable size. Your substrate is a big issue too - if you are wanting the habitat to have a natural look about it, something such as orchid bark,aspen or coco husk is a great choice, but proves to be alot more expensive than kitchen roll or newspaper. And of course, your hides can be anything from as simple as old shoeboxes with holes cut out or even a toilet roll tube. The essentials are:

- Heat pad with stat
- 2 hides..one on hot side, one on cool.
- Water dish large enough to be able to soak in.
- Substrate
- Thermometre & Hygrometre.

You can if you wish, add a light on the warm side & whatever other stuff for decor purposes.

888reptiles.co.uk that is a really good site to get great prices decorational items and all sorts of lights, substrate etc.

hope this helps, Brooke & Cleo xx

brookehamiltonx Posted - 09/01/2010 : 18:36:43
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

my setup (for 4 month old) a large faun, mat, stat, hide and moss hide incl moss, water dish, thermometer, aspen and other bits and bobs was £60.

But all depends on what size royal

yeah when I got Cleo she was four months old, and quite large for her age.. thats why I had to buy a large faunarium - and without the divider! lol
GMac Posted - 08/01/2010 : 22:59:54
my setup (for 4 month old) a large faun, mat, stat, hide and moss hide incl moss, water dish, thermometer, aspen and other bits and bobs was £60.

But all depends on what size royal
brookehamiltonx Posted - 08/01/2010 : 22:42:11
My temporary set up for my 6mth old royal cost me £190 w. medium tank and heat pad, thermometre, hygrometre (digi) with probes! substrate, hides, decor etc. x
james200789 Posted - 06/01/2010 : 13:56:56
well how big did u want a viv? i just bought a 4ft viv off ebay £90 + all the stuff i need in it e.g polystyrene background, cork oak trees, vines, silk plants, hides, waterbowls and temp and hygrometer, mat stat, heat mat, lamp £150 so if u say 250 ish you will have a very very good setup. take a look at my post "if carlsberg did royals" and u can see my set up :-)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000