The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 After Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulo Posted - 10/01/2010 : 14:58:55
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading up about feeding and watched a few people feeding online and noticed that a lot of people feed there snake outside the tank in a different box. But I was wondering if you do this, how do you get the snake back into the tank afterwards I know your not meant too handle the snake after feeding and will you not stress the snake out by lifting the box up and pouring him back into the tank?

Thanks for any advice offered.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snakey20 Posted - 12/01/2010 : 14:25:22
if your goin to feedin the viv put dwn a bit of kitchen roll to stop the substrate attaching to the food
james200789 Posted - 12/01/2010 : 11:32:17
my royal wont feed outside of his viv ive tried him in a rub and he acts afraid of the rat lol
chris100575 Posted - 12/01/2010 : 08:40:14
I prefer to feed in the viv, the only convincing reason I've heard for feeding outside it is to avoid possible substrate ingestion.
bengy_s Posted - 12/01/2010 : 00:05:34
I would say its better to feed in seperate RUB.

Can't remember who on this site but a wize member once said:

"After a meal you wouldn't want to run a marathon, but you wouldn't mind walking to the sofa to relax"! Basically just be careful and gentle. Or try slowly tilting the RUB or box towards the opening of the viv and snakey should go back inside.
Robert Posted - 11/01/2010 : 22:50:18
I always feed mine in their fauns/viv as it avoids having to disturb them after a feed
james200789 Posted - 11/01/2010 : 02:14:35
because i work in a reptile shop sometimes we have to handle the snakes within 1/2 hr of feeding and all we do is hold them head and tail and they just slither through your hands, aslong as you dont go fiddling with the mouse/rat then the snake wont mind you holding him/her
Blackecho Posted - 10/01/2010 : 16:30:18
Yes, its fine to move them carefully, just be careful as obviously they are in feeding mode and you don't want them to think your fingers look like a nice snack.
matty18714 Posted - 10/01/2010 : 15:31:49
I pick mine up from the tail and then around a 3rd down from the head. Placing them back in the viv isnt really a problem, the rule against handling them is just there to stop people over handling them.
paulo Posted - 10/01/2010 : 15:21:47
Thanks for the quick reponse.

Paul
bilbo Posted - 10/01/2010 : 15:16:12
i feed all my corns in a rub and when they have finished i just hold the rub upto the viv and let the snake go back in its self. i will be doing this with my royal as well when she is abit more used to me and feeding out the viv.. hope this helps..

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000