The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 re-freezing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anton Posted - 26/02/2010 : 19:38:41
i know some people re freeze un eaten food but how many times can this be done i wouldent like to do it more than once just wondering other peoples views
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mancunian Posted - 28/02/2010 : 16:24:36
And there was me thinking they preferred a fresh kill!
jesse1986 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 12:28:05
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

that's pretty much the point i'm trying to make though...............the snake won't take the risk, it will leave it. and if it leaves it thaw and heat a fresh one............

Fair enough royals eat decomposing rodents in the wild but how many wild snakes come across meat that has been frozen defrosted frozen defrosted? Its not worth the risk. Theres allways the one time they are hungry and dont turn there nose up at it even though its rotten. Is it really worth risking? Ide rather not have my snake regurgitating rotten rats because i wanted to save money!!! But hey thats just me LOL
Blackecho Posted - 28/02/2010 : 08:25:53
Can you be certain of that?
Gingerpony Posted - 27/02/2010 : 22:06:32
that's pretty much the point i'm trying to make though...............the snake won't take the risk, it will leave it. and if it leaves it thaw and heat a fresh one............
jesse1986 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 19:34:38
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

but snakes don't just eat fresh killed in the wild, they're adapted to digest prey items that have been dead for a little while and a snake is better at detecting something that's 'off' than we are.

an item that's been refrozen and rethawed can be eaten and digested quite happily by a snake but if it IS too far gone they'll just leave it

I dont see the point in risking a £200 loved pet over a £1 rat?
Gingerpony Posted - 27/02/2010 : 12:27:12
but snakes don't just eat fresh killed in the wild, they're adapted to digest prey items that have been dead for a little while and a snake is better at detecting something that's 'off' than we are.

an item that's been refrozen and rethawed can be eaten and digested quite happily by a snake but if it IS too far gone they'll just leave it
pfleming Posted - 27/02/2010 : 09:59:57
yeah i think its best to bin them, especially if you only have one snake and your going to be waiting 7days,..
jesse1986 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 09:08:19
I chuck em out. I was allways told not to reheat meat!!
STICKS Posted - 27/02/2010 : 08:23:29
Hi there i never re freeze if in dought chuck it out.
Mancunian Posted - 27/02/2010 : 00:03:35
I never refreeze, I don't think it's safe. I just feed it to another snake if one dosn't eat it.
sexychef Posted - 26/02/2010 : 22:35:31
same as GP. be very careful re-freezing take into consideration how long it has been at room temp or above. i dont have a clue how snakes bodies would fight bacteria so i dont like to chance it
Gingerpony Posted - 26/02/2010 : 20:40:47
i'll refreeze once, usually just put the left food item in the fridge for a few days till something else is due a feed though (the beauty of tailoring feeding programmes and not feeding everything on the same day )
Blackecho Posted - 26/02/2010 : 19:52:09
I don't at all.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000