The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 small scare

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anton Posted - 02/03/2010 : 17:32:22
went into the snakes room today only to find the cat had knocked his faun off its table (approx 1.5/2ft high) and no snake inside, searched the room high and low finally found him wrapped round the heating pipes luckily the heating is set low took the temp and they were a perfect 32c, problem is ive given him a check over couldent see or feel any ribs lumps and bumps is it worth a trip to the vets or see what happens for a couple of days, also as i only got him last thursday he is still in his 7day chill out, i can only assume today was mega stressfull should i leave him till the weekend to attempt to feed?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anton Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:12:18
haha well the mood i was in when i found evrything on the floor i wish he had all of a sudden found a taste for cat, cool i'll move them into their new home tonight
pfleming Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:06:42
agreeed^^

wait till the snakes are bigger and the cat will be history! haha oonly joking
Welly Posted - 02/03/2010 : 19:20:57
If you have a 3ft Viv but the 2 fauns in that. You'll keep heat better and will be cat proof
anton Posted - 02/03/2010 : 18:46:40
will do, u could tell he wasent a happy camper when i was trying to give him a once over, so have left him alone with a t-shirt over the top that covers the sides to. ive got 2 fauns in the room 1 corn and 1 royal with any empty 3ft viv with sliding doors do you think it would be wise to put both fauns in the viv (making sure to cover 3 sides of each faun? as the cat has worked out how to push the room door open
pfleming Posted - 02/03/2010 : 18:32:31
If he seems okay then definetly advise leaving him totally unhandled for 7 days. but if in doubt then get to the vets. and yeah make sure the same wont hapen again.

If a snake is out in his viv and a cat is staring through the glass it can be a very traumatising experience for both parties - so i would the room a no cat zone.

Hope your snakes okay!
Welly Posted - 02/03/2010 : 18:05:01
I'd leave it a few days and keep an eye on him. I'd imagine its ok if its managed to find heat and get comfortable. But if in doubt ten yes get to a Vets
Blackecho Posted - 02/03/2010 : 18:00:34
I would leave him another 7 days from now and make sure your room is cat proof.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000