small scare
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anton
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  17:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
went into the snakes room today only to find the cat had knocked his faun off its table (approx 1.5/2ft high) and no snake inside, searched the room high and low finally found him wrapped round the heating pipes luckily the heating is set low took the temp and they were a perfect 32c, problem is ive given him a check over couldent see or feel any ribs lumps and bumps is it worth a trip to the vets or see what happens for a couple of days, also as i only got him last thursday he is still in his 7day chill out, i can only assume today was mega stressfull should i leave him till the weekend to attempt to feed?

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  18:00:34  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would leave him another 7 days from now and make sure your room is cat proof.

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  18:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd leave it a few days and keep an eye on him. I'd imagine its ok if its managed to find heat and get comfortable. But if in doubt ten yes get to a Vets

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

pfleming
Yearling

247 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  18:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he seems okay then definetly advise leaving him totally unhandled for 7 days. but if in doubt then get to the vets. and yeah make sure the same wont hapen again.

If a snake is out in his viv and a cat is staring through the glass it can be a very traumatising experience for both parties - so i would the room a no cat zone.

Hope your snakes okay!

0.0.1 Royal Python!
Go to Top of Page

anton
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  18:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will do, u could tell he wasent a happy camper when i was trying to give him a once over, so have left him alone with a t-shirt over the top that covers the sides to. ive got 2 fauns in the room 1 corn and 1 royal with any empty 3ft viv with sliding doors do you think it would be wise to put both fauns in the viv (making sure to cover 3 sides of each faun? as the cat has worked out how to push the room door open
Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  19:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have a 3ft Viv but the 2 fauns in that. You'll keep heat better and will be cat proof

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

pfleming
Yearling

247 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  20:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agreeed^^

wait till the snakes are bigger and the cat will be history! haha oonly joking

0.0.1 Royal Python!
Go to Top of Page

anton
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  20:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha well the mood i was in when i found evrything on the floor i wish he had all of a sudden found a taste for cat, cool i'll move them into their new home tonight
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000