The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Feeding tips please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lettsy1 Posted - 25/03/2010 : 20:52:31
hiya all, can you please give me some advice, after reading your tips on what a royal should be eating i dont think sheba has been fed enough, she is on one small mouse every 7 days but i think she should be on something larger she is an early CB09, she is due afeed on monday after being fed last monday, but the small mouse is smaller than her body diameter. Being new to this i want to get it right by her. I was thinkin about gettin a small rat and defrostin it with a mouse to get the scent so she may take it easier and not so much of a change. I only got her on wed and will get some scales to weigh her over the weekend before i feed her on mon. Any advice would be really helpful.
Michelle x
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mischang Posted - 27/03/2010 : 19:16:28
must admit BE ur guide on weight to how often i have written down it is useful to have some sort of guide to refer too . thx
Lettsy1 Posted - 27/03/2010 : 10:08:45
Thanks BE, have also found the thread Spor put on regarding size, so now have something to compare the sizes to.
Blackecho Posted - 26/03/2010 : 22:44:20
Small mice aren't really enough, try large mice or even rat fluffs or small weaners.
Lettsy1 Posted - 26/03/2010 : 22:28:09
ok have weighed sheba and she comes in at 283g so she is underweight, any advice on how to put some meat on her please, will try to get her eatin every 5 days as advised by BE, is that goin to be enough or will i need to change from small mice too? just worried cos dont want to stress her too much,
Blackecho Posted - 26/03/2010 : 07:08:57
0-400g feed ~ every 5 days
400-800g feed ~ every 7 days
800-1200g feed ~ every 10 days
1200g+ feed ~ every 14 days

These are just a rough guide.
Lettsy1 Posted - 25/03/2010 : 22:34:59
Thanks Nazzle, will weigh her before i feed her on monday and change size of food to suit. will let you know how i get on.
Nazzle Posted - 25/03/2010 : 22:06:04
Feed her 10 - 15% of her body weight. Weighing her is easy, use kitchen scales and a rub/shoe box/ box of your choice with air holes. My 09 is 450g and is on one rat weaner every 7 days.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000