The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 spider head wobble trait?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
milvstrana Posted - 29/04/2010 : 16:08:15
Ive been searching the net my next morphs to buy an.come across a spider royal advertised cheaper than normal and while reading the description it said about a spider head wobble trait? what's all that about?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boze Posted - 11/05/2010 : 06:45:49
If a rough engine was a common problem with minis then no, I wouldnt buy one.

Plus youre comparing a living animal to a car, totally different things. You can discuss whats morally right when breeding cars can you?

D
spor Posted - 10/05/2010 : 22:14:42
not all spiders have a noticable wobble. and out of the many spiders i have seen ,none of them showed any noticable wobble and they have been at different ages. as said above the you tube footage is very extreme. Don't let the possiblilty of a problem put you of just look around more. if you do see one in a store, visit it a few times and try and get a really good look, ask if you handle the snake and make your own assesments then.

If you wanted to buy a new car and wanted a mini. would you just buy the first one you looked at? or if that mini had a noisey engine would it put you of all mini's?

Sorry if i seem like i'm ranting a bit, but i think you would be much happier if you at least seen a few and made a judgement on the individual snake.
sexychef Posted - 09/05/2010 : 18:53:53
im not sure but think there is problems with boa morphs but think it is being breed out unlike spider morphs
herriotfan Posted - 09/05/2010 : 18:44:35
This has really put me off getting one now because it was the spider morph I was looking for. I didn't know that there were inbred problems with snakes. Are there any other morphs that have problems?
dmc Posted - 05/05/2010 : 19:36:27
im far from a snake expert and i only heard of this wobble head disorder thing by reading thru this site and then looked it up on youtube because i couldnt picture wat people were explaining but when i viewed some videos on youtube i was really disturbed by the fact people actually want to breed these snakes? is there any proof that this disorder isnt uncomfortable or painful? if this was any other breed of animal/reptile it would be branded cruelty. this may sound terrible but if it was a human behaving this way they would be deemed handycapped or disabled im sorry!
Blackecho Posted - 01/05/2010 : 19:06:45
Sorry, haven't received anything to either, feel free to resend
mischang Posted - 01/05/2010 : 18:27:27
i used the top one !
Blackecho Posted - 01/05/2010 : 14:15:07
No, I don't think I've had one unless it went to spam, which e-mail address of mine did you use?

theblackecho@msn.com

Blackecho@rocketmail.com
mischang Posted - 01/05/2010 : 13:05:38
soz very obvious and beautiful , B/E did you get my email the other day ??
mischang Posted - 01/05/2010 : 13:02:52
beautiful
Blackecho Posted - 30/04/2010 : 22:59:28
Very what?
mischang Posted - 30/04/2010 : 22:15:41
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

If you like the look, what about a Pinstripe, similar looks and no problems?

that picture does very much look like a spider even though te stripe is very ov but still beauiful
Robert Posted - 30/04/2010 : 22:12:46
The Youtube video is a very extreme example and not typical of all Spider morphs
Blackecho Posted - 30/04/2010 : 22:03:19
If you like the look, what about a Pinstripe, similar looks and no problems?

mischang Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:33:52
dobermanns get wobbles too ! and thats a brain issue i know that it causes confusion and it hurts them and they can easy hurt them selfs because of it , thats why i ask , i worked for years in a rescue and ur right no one wants them !
matty18714 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:24:41
quote:
Originally posted by mischang

ahh that poor snake does it hurt them ??

Who knows, but they arnt designed to be upside down and have their heads pointing up like that, so it must put some strain on them.

If it was a breed of dog that looked a bit differant but couldn't keep itself the right way up, nobody would want one. But because its a snake and you cant really tell if its in pain, people can somehow justify it to themselves.
mischang Posted - 30/04/2010 : 19:47:21
quote:
Originally posted by boze

Id never have one, althought they look stunning. I dont think its right to breed something knowing it WILL have a neurological problem just because we like how it looks.

D

i cant agree more Bose i was going to save for one till i found out about this but as u dont know if its off spring will have it , does that mean it be affect morphs from them ??
boze Posted - 30/04/2010 : 12:08:43
Id never have one, althought they look stunning. I dont think its right to breed something knowing it WILL have a neurological problem just because we like how it looks.

D
Danny Action1 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 11:25:16
My spider is showing no signs yet of the wobble and hes 2 years old now
mischang Posted - 30/04/2010 : 11:18:57
ahh that poor snake does it hurt them ??

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000