Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  16:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive been searching the net my next morphs to buy an.come across a spider royal advertised cheaper than normal and while reading the description it said about a spider head wobble trait? what's all that about?

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  16:47:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
All Spiders (from train wreck cases to barely noticeable) have a neurological issue that makes their head wobble. Think Parkinsons for reptiles.

Go to Top of Page

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
since they all have it, Is it a problem to them or will it cause a problem for the owner of the snake then?
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It wont kill them, but it cant be nice for them.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  19:05:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
On the other hand, Spiders have a reputation for being voracious eaters.

Go to Top of Page

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  21:56:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you mean BE?
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  22:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a fairly extreme case http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlX58vxt0AU my female Spider only has a slight wobble when i go to feed her and she gets excited.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  07:15:20  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by milvstrana

What do you mean BE?

I mean that Spiders are known to be very good eaters.

Go to Top of Page

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  08:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, and you lot save the day again :-)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  08:46:46  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I have always said I wouldn't buy one, however I really like Killerbees so may have to go back on that one day.

Its also worth noting that even if you find one with no or barely noticeable wobble, it does not mean that any ofspring will be the same, the severity appears to be completely random with that gene.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  10:01:42  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a Spider morph (male) who has a slight head wobble when he gets excited and now it's restricted purely to feeding time other than that he behaves quite normally, as above they do tend to be good eaters !

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  11:18:57  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ahh that poor snake does it hurt them ??

Go to Top of Page

Danny Action1
Yearling

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  11:25:16  Show Profile  Click to see Danny Action1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My spider is showing no signs yet of the wobble and hes 2 years old now

0.1.0 Lemmon Pastel
0.1.0 Albino
1.0.0 Spider
1.0.0 Pastel
1.1.0 Mojave
1.0.0 Het Pied
0.1.0 Pied
0.1.0 Pinstripe
1.0.0 Double het Caramel Glow
0.1.0 Het Orange Ghost
0.1.0 Het Caramel
Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  12:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Id never have one, althought they look stunning. I dont think its right to breed something knowing it WILL have a neurological problem just because we like how it looks.

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  19:47:21  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boze

Id never have one, althought they look stunning. I dont think its right to breed something knowing it WILL have a neurological problem just because we like how it looks.

D

i cant agree more Bose i was going to save for one till i found out about this but as u dont know if its off spring will have it , does that mean it be affect morphs from them ??

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  20:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mischang

ahh that poor snake does it hurt them ??

Who knows, but they arnt designed to be upside down and have their heads pointing up like that, so it must put some strain on them.

If it was a breed of dog that looked a bit differant but couldn't keep itself the right way up, nobody would want one. But because its a snake and you cant really tell if its in pain, people can somehow justify it to themselves.

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  20:33:52  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dobermanns get wobbles too ! and thats a brain issue i know that it causes confusion and it hurts them and they can easy hurt them selfs because of it , thats why i ask , i worked for years in a rescue and ur right no one wants them !

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  22:03:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you like the look, what about a Pinstripe, similar looks and no problems?

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  22:12:46  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Youtube video is a very extreme example and not typical of all Spider morphs

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  22:15:41  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

If you like the look, what about a Pinstripe, similar looks and no problems?

that picture does very much look like a spider even though te stripe is very ov but still beauiful

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  22:59:28  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very what?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000