The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Natural Habitat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John_Boy Posted - 10/05/2010 : 14:10:37
Im looking at building a new, much more natural setting viv, inspired by some of the threads on the darkside. The only problem is that i cant seem to find and pics of Royals wild habitat. Tried searching the net to find some pics for inspiration, but africa is such a diverse place. Has anyone got any pics of Royals in the wild? Or what sort of places do they live?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Robert Posted - 22/05/2010 : 22:30:28
I too am an aspen fan it works well just give your python a safe hideaway on the warm side and again on the cool side and anything else you add is a bonus :)
Blackecho Posted - 21/05/2010 : 06:29:31
I've thought about Astroturf in the past, if I was going to use it I would only buy the really expensive (so nice and soft) stuff and I'd want several pieces so you can be washing some (somehow, never figured that out really) while another is in the viv. Astroturf has no absorbance so urine will just lie there. I think that keeping it clean will be the hardest battle.

As for 'liking it', I'm not sure Royals know what Astroturf is and I can't see any reason for them preferring it over other substrates.

Personally I chose to stick with Aspen/Aubiose/Hemp.
mischang Posted - 20/05/2010 : 23:37:01
i know people who have as its cheaper than reptile carpet and as far as i know it was fine but thats only 3 hand hand advice if you get me x x
Grace Posted - 20/05/2010 : 23:27:12
Hi, just an idea but has anyone ever used astoturf in their viv? Just got our 1st Royal & I have been advised that they enjoy AstroTurf? Just want 2 make sure we do right by her. Thanks
Welly Posted - 10/05/2010 : 18:18:45
I was in the same boat as you.
I ended up with this:
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3744&whichpage=1

There was such a lack of info around on the net that i picked one aspect and went with that. I read thathey can be found in burrows and around rock land so chose to give her a slate to hide under and bask on top and a high perch to climb and hide in
John_Boy Posted - 10/05/2010 : 15:44:30
I know they live in rodent burrows but im trying to recreate the areas above ground where they would be. i dont think a giant rodent burrow would make the most exciting looking viv. lol
Blackecho Posted - 10/05/2010 : 15:12:45
They live in rodent burrows, good luck
dazb Posted - 10/05/2010 : 14:46:06
Try looking through here mate...

http://www.faunaimportuk.com/ghana_trip.htm

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000