The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 feeding in the viv/rub

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anton Posted - 11/06/2010 : 19:46:14
at the mo morris is being a fussy eater he eats every 3rd week but inbetween i still try to feed him he sniffs it and wonders off, i move him into a seperate rub for dinner time but i want to try viv feeding to see if it makes a change so here go's whats the best way of going this regards to not eating any substrate? i dont really want to taking things out just so i can laydown some paper then rebuild etc. how do u guys get around this with minimum disturbance
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mischang Posted - 14/06/2010 : 12:52:34
newpaper folder over about 4 times tuck it under a hide the corner so it doesnt move .
chris100575 Posted - 14/06/2010 : 08:36:07
I agree with what BE and Ant have said, there's really no need to feed outside the viv.
antw23uk Posted - 11/06/2010 : 21:35:15
Mine are kept on aspen and i viv (RUB) feed .. personally i open the RUB lid, wiggle the rat by its tail and its either ripped out of my hand and swallowed or with my 09 on the very odd occasion i leave it on a bit of cork bark and its gone by the morning.

I have never had an issue with the odd bit of aspen being swallowed and personally i dont really understand why people feed outside the viv! Both mine are excellent feeders, wiggle rat, strike, cover and leave them to it

The more you fuss about this the more your going to put your snake off eating IMO so as long as your not offering dripping wet prey you shouldnt have anything to worry about with the odd bit of aspen (my preffered substrate) being swallowed
Blackecho Posted - 11/06/2010 : 19:58:44
You could put some newspaper down first on top of the substrate, or change substrate to something like Aspen or paper.
anton Posted - 11/06/2010 : 19:55:29
small size beech chips
Blackecho Posted - 11/06/2010 : 19:52:50
What substrate do you have?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000