feeding in the viv/rub
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anton
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  19:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at the mo morris is being a fussy eater he eats every 3rd week but inbetween i still try to feed him he sniffs it and wonders off, i move him into a seperate rub for dinner time but i want to try viv feeding to see if it makes a change so here go's whats the best way of going this regards to not eating any substrate? i dont really want to taking things out just so i can laydown some paper then rebuild etc. how do u guys get around this with minimum disturbance

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  19:52:50  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What substrate do you have?

Go to Top of Page

anton
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  19:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
small size beech chips
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  19:58:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You could put some newspaper down first on top of the substrate, or change substrate to something like Aspen or paper.

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:35:15  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine are kept on aspen and i viv (RUB) feed .. personally i open the RUB lid, wiggle the rat by its tail and its either ripped out of my hand and swallowed or with my 09 on the very odd occasion i leave it on a bit of cork bark and its gone by the morning.

I have never had an issue with the odd bit of aspen being swallowed and personally i dont really understand why people feed outside the viv! Both mine are excellent feeders, wiggle rat, strike, cover and leave them to it

The more you fuss about this the more your going to put your snake off eating IMO so as long as your not offering dripping wet prey you shouldnt have anything to worry about with the odd bit of aspen (my preffered substrate) being swallowed

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  08:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with what BE and Ant have said, there's really no need to feed outside the viv.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  12:52:34  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
newpaper folder over about 4 times tuck it under a hide the corner so it doesnt move .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000