The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 size?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dmc Posted - 16/06/2010 : 19:55:48
i was out getting a few things in the pet shop earlier today and saw an albino burmese python and really liked it! does anyone know how big they grow? the guy in the shop couldnt tell me this or even how old the snake was? it looked to be over 4 foot to me yet 1 of my royals which is just over 3 foot is alot chunkier looking?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chris100575 Posted - 22/06/2010 : 08:52:09
There's a guy over on the Dark Side called Steve D who has a 20 foot retic. I've seen pictures of him with her and she's huge! There's a fair number of people keeping giants as pets, but I think my BCI's going to be quite big enough for me.

I wish I knew more about the python in the pic I posted, it's one I found on the internet to show a guy at work who kept going on about getting one how big they get. He thought about six feet!
heaton177 Posted - 21/06/2010 : 19:30:33
yer they are lovely snakes. the lady in the petshop got offered 1 for a display and it was around 17ft she nos about snakes but she asked the man how many ppl it would take to get the snake offyou if it thought you was food n he said easily around 8 ppl. so there too powerful for a pet in my opinion lol

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=590

they are wild animals and i supose you cant change that.
reptiledanny Posted - 21/06/2010 : 19:19:29
imagine if u had that bad boy out after a meal and he dicided to take a dump on you floor, you would need a shovel to pick the huge thing up
dmc Posted - 21/06/2010 : 18:46:01
holy **** thats a big snake!! i didnt think ppl kept snakes that size as pets? dont think the missus would be to keen on it after seeing that haha thanx for the info
lee2308 Posted - 17/06/2010 : 18:07:20
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

Fecking enormous!

To be honest I think it's incredibly irresponsible of the guy to be selling something like a burm if he doesn't know how big it'll get.

Imagine that bad boy in a bad mood and you smelling of rats,you got no chance,thats the sort you need 2-3 adults at least to get him out safely
AlannaJohan Posted - 17/06/2010 : 15:38:12
That is a gorgeous python in that pic Chris! But bloody huge!
Like you I agree, irresponsible animal sales irritate me - if you are much less than an expert than you shouldn't be selling - your ignorance is not fair to the animal or their future owner and the only reason to do so without at least trying to do some research is because they simply want the money. I'm a dog person, and the amount of my breed that end up in rescue because people think they're going to get a labrador temperament in something that looks a bit like a wolf and then end up getting rid of them because they soon end up with an understimulated, dominant, stubborn, often dog-agressive and above all large and extremely powerful dog - its very saddening. Money makes the world go round, eh?
chris100575 Posted - 17/06/2010 : 09:29:14
Fecking enormous!

To be honest I think it's incredibly irresponsible of the guy to be selling something like a burm if he doesn't know how big it'll get.

Blackecho Posted - 16/06/2010 : 20:46:41
Could be a year old, they can get into the 20'+ range.

http://aviewfrommybalcony.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/burmese-python-and-friends.jpg

http://www.tcoasttalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/python.jpg

Good luck
lee2308 Posted - 16/06/2010 : 20:20:20
on average around 15' but females could easily exceed that.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000