New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dmc
Snake Mite

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  19:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was out getting a few things in the pet shop earlier today and saw an albino burmese python and really liked it! does anyone know how big they grow? the guy in the shop couldnt tell me this or even how old the snake was? it looked to be over 4 foot to me yet 1 of my royals which is just over 3 foot is alot chunkier looking?

dc

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  20:20:20  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
on average around 15' but females could easily exceed that.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  20:46:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Could be a year old, they can get into the 20'+ range.

http://aviewfrommybalcony.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/burmese-python-and-friends.jpg

http://www.tcoasttalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/python.jpg

Good luck

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  09:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fecking enormous!

To be honest I think it's incredibly irresponsible of the guy to be selling something like a burm if he doesn't know how big it'll get.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather

Edited by - chris100575 on 17/06/2010 09:30:26
Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  15:38:12  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is a gorgeous python in that pic Chris! But bloody huge!
Like you I agree, irresponsible animal sales irritate me - if you are much less than an expert than you shouldn't be selling - your ignorance is not fair to the animal or their future owner and the only reason to do so without at least trying to do some research is because they simply want the money. I'm a dog person, and the amount of my breed that end up in rescue because people think they're going to get a labrador temperament in something that looks a bit like a wolf and then end up getting rid of them because they soon end up with an understimulated, dominant, stubborn, often dog-agressive and above all large and extremely powerful dog - its very saddening. Money makes the world go round, eh?

Alanna
With Maya, Stan & Lucie (Alaskan Malamutes), Bruce (Royal Python) and Keith (fiance, lol).

Edited by - AlannaJohan on 17/06/2010 15:38:59
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  18:07:20  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

Fecking enormous!

To be honest I think it's incredibly irresponsible of the guy to be selling something like a burm if he doesn't know how big it'll get.

Imagine that bad boy in a bad mood and you smelling of rats,you got no chance,thats the sort you need 2-3 adults at least to get him out safely

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

dmc
Snake Mite

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  18:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
holy **** thats a big snake!! i didnt think ppl kept snakes that size as pets? dont think the missus would be to keen on it after seeing that haha thanx for the info

dc
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  19:19:29  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
imagine if u had that bad boy out after a meal and he dicided to take a dump on you floor, you would need a shovel to pick the huge thing up

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  19:30:33  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yer they are lovely snakes. the lady in the petshop got offered 1 for a display and it was around 17ft she nos about snakes but she asked the man how many ppl it would take to get the snake offyou if it thought you was food n he said easily around 8 ppl. so there too powerful for a pet in my opinion lol

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=590

they are wild animals and i supose you cant change that.

Edited by - heaton177 on 21/06/2010 19:32:01
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  08:52:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a guy over on the Dark Side called Steve D who has a 20 foot retic. I've seen pictures of him with her and she's huge! There's a fair number of people keeping giants as pets, but I think my BCI's going to be quite big enough for me.

I wish I knew more about the python in the pic I posted, it's one I found on the internet to show a guy at work who kept going on about getting one how big they get. He thought about six feet!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather

Edited by - chris100575 on 22/06/2010 18:05:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000