The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Non feeder - this might help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rubix_02 Posted - 27/06/2010 : 18:48:46
Hi all, recently had some success with a method of feeding my little lady so I thought id post it. Story so far, hadn't eaten for over 6 months, would come and sniff the food, but not even interested, had her checked at the vets, done blood tests, the hole works and she's fine, was told about his method by a the chap would runs reptile rescue den in bolton. Basically it involves putting her in a box, putting the box with her in the viv and leaving for about 10/15 mintues so she settles down, then carefully lifting the lid and sliding the food in, leaving her alone for a while, first time i left her for 1 hour and when I checked she'd eaten. Have had 4 successfully feeds since, on the last one i tried feeding her in the viv, she struck for the rat twice but missed both times so she went back in the box, 10 minutes later all gone. I have now made a special box to feed her in and its working a treat so far.

some pictures of my box, it has a sliding plate at the top which makes it easy to put the food in and close it. just need a proper latch for it.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubix_02 Posted - 28/06/2010 : 20:58:50
Cheers, bit of a handy man might be pushing it, will definitly put some air holes in though.
heaton177 Posted - 28/06/2010 : 18:08:31
good to no mate :) havent had the problem of a non feeder, but will be useful in the future. you seem like a bit of a handy man :P
spor Posted - 27/06/2010 : 23:43:13
have heard this method used before , glad it worked for you. though you should put some air holes in your box.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000