The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Royal sleeping on top of hide...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Janos Posted - 16/08/2010 : 11:14:39
Hey all.

Just a random question...my royal has decided he likes sleeping on top of his hide for the last few days. Should I be concerned? >.> It just seems rather odd.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 26/08/2010 : 07:02:36
He's probably stressed with the moving. Leave him alone for a week to recover.
Aaronjg Posted - 25/08/2010 : 23:11:36
put my royal in his new viv on tuesday but he`s spent all that tym under the warm hide is this normal behaviour or shud he be out exploring but i originally got him on monday
heaton177 Posted - 25/08/2010 : 18:08:46
mine sometime spends days in 1 hide but normaly after i handle him and put him back in he goes into a hide n when he thinks everyone has gone he goes int the other 1 lol. must be so you dont no where they are lol.

he sometimes pops his headout aswl he will be just being nosey lol
Robert Posted - 25/08/2010 : 09:36:07
Mine also do this from time to time and is quite normal
Aaronjg Posted - 24/08/2010 : 23:54:40
Thanks mate Appreciate it and gud luck with urs
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 23:12:57
quote:
Originally posted by Aaronjg

Thanks, you must be getting annoyed at me be so precautious and asking all these questions but i just want to make sure everythings allright

:)

Not at all, better to ask than worry - though I'm no expert - have had corns for a while but I'm only a month ahead of you with royals. All the best!
Breezy Breslin Posted - 24/08/2010 : 22:25:57
quote:
Originally posted by mischang

lol i have one that thinks he is a tree snake and falls asleep on a branch and falls of all the time its only 6 inches off ground now , it was higher but i lowered it, supose its a bit like us sleeping on top of quilt hehehe

mine does that 2 apart from the falling off bit
Aaronjg Posted - 24/08/2010 : 20:02:25
Thanks, you must be getting annoyed at me be so precautious and asking all these questions but i just want to make sure everythings allright

:)
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 19:49:20
quote:
Originally posted by Aaronjg

My royal (no name yet...)only had him a few days nd he`s spent the last few hours in the hide on cool side nd every so often he keeps poking his head out then going back in, is it normal for him to spend so long on the cool side (26oC) and to keep popping in and out..

Many thanks Aaron

(im sure its nothing to worry about but just to make sure)

He'll still be exploring - shows he's alert. My lad's favourite hide is on his cool side. I was going to say it's going to be warmer at this time of year ... um, well ...
Aaronjg Posted - 24/08/2010 : 19:39:10
My royal (no name yet...)only had him a few days nd he`s spent the last few hours in the hide on cool side nd every so often he keeps poking his head out then going back in, is it normal for him to spend so long on the cool side (26oC) and to keep popping in and out..

Many thanks Aaron

(im sure its nothing to worry about but just to make sure)
mischang Posted - 16/08/2010 : 20:57:26
lol i have one that thinks he is a tree snake and falls asleep on a branch and falls of all the time its only 6 inches off ground now , it was higher but i lowered it, supose its a bit like us sleeping on top of quilt hehehe
Blackecho Posted - 16/08/2010 : 15:24:35
At the hot end? - Mine do this to bask sometimes.
fiestastlou Posted - 16/08/2010 : 15:07:19
ours does it occasionally, and seems fine lol i hope theres nothing wrong with it! lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000