The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 handeling

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaronjg Posted - 18/08/2010 : 01:57:45
Hi everyone when i get my new royal im gonna put it straight in its viv nd leave it for a week then feed it should that be ok?

Also how often and long do you handle your RPs?

Many Thanks Aaron
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
STICKS Posted - 18/08/2010 : 17:50:57
Hi there and welcome my two come out once a week to be fed and checked and then thay go back in there sep vivs thay know where thay sleep. Plus some times to much hands on can stress them out.
Aaronjg Posted - 18/08/2010 : 13:00:01
Thanks alot ive got a corn already wihich i handel every day apart from sunday monday nd tuesday cos Sunday is when i feed her

Thanks again
n/a Posted - 18/08/2010 : 12:09:15
I got my little royal (boy named Shahi) last month and was told by someone who already had royals that I mustn't handle him until he'd had four or five feeds and settled in properly. I have corns, who are very friendly of course, and I handle them whenever they ask (subject to feeding and shedding) although this can go in phases - a snake who's friendly one week will often spend the next week snoozing. But I'd done my homework and knew that royals are different! The minute he came he went blue, so of course he was very quiet and didn't fancy eating, but now, to my relief, he's a gannet, and very curious, especially round feeding day! I confess I'd expected him to be far more timid. At the moment I always have a word with him when he's up at the viv window and I can't wait to bring him out - just for a short time at first - when he's fully settled in ... I don't know about the novelty wearing off but yes, it's one of the advantages of snakes, if you're busy you can leave them to their own devices - no need to feel guilty.

However, as you've probably guessed from the tone of this post, I'm still distinctly starry-eyed ...
mischang Posted - 18/08/2010 : 11:14:07
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

I used to handle my first one everyday when i got her, but after a while the novalty wore off and now i just handle mine briefly when i clean out their vivs/rubs. Im happier to just see them relaxed and contented. However i have noticed that all my females will come out if allowed, they seem to be more inquisitive, where the males will just remain still.

Same here lol
hodgie Posted - 18/08/2010 : 09:58:04
I used to handle my first one everyday when i got her, but after a while the novalty wore off and now i just handle mine briefly when i clean out their vivs/rubs. Im happier to just see them relaxed and contented. However i have noticed that all my females will come out if allowed, they seem to be more inquisitive, where the males will just remain still.
Blackecho Posted - 18/08/2010 : 06:36:57
I don't really handle mine, they may come out once a fortnight / once a month. Others handle theirs up to a couple of times a week.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000