The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 New Thermostats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
crazysnakeman Posted - 11/09/2010 : 09:41:49
Heya,

I've just gone and bought new thermostats to control the heat mats in my royal and corn tanks, a bit of a big investment! They were all on a dimmer switch, so I could manually turn the heat up/down accordingly, however, like I said, I now have proper thermostats!

My question is, the sensor for the thermostats, do you place it slightly above a heat mat? or directly on top of it? As in, if you wanted 33 degrees Celsius at one end of the tank, do you put the sensor on top of the heat mat and set it to 33?

Cheers,
Josh
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 12/09/2010 : 09:17:32
quote:
Originally posted by crazysnakeman

They are in glass vivs, heat matt under the glass, bark chips as a substrate - shall i just rubber band the two probes for the thermometer and stat together and lie them on top of the substrate?

Cheers,
Josh

Sounds like a plan
UncleNos Posted - 12/09/2010 : 02:19:04
I've got mine taped to the heat mat on the outside and use a digital thermometer buried in the substrate at the hot end to set the temperature from.
So the setting on the thermostat is a couple of degrees more than the recorded temp in the viv/rub.
Seems to work for me!!!
crazysnakeman Posted - 11/09/2010 : 15:43:39
They are in glass vivs, heat matt under the glass, bark chips as a substrate - shall i just rubber band the two probes for the thermometer and stat together and lie them on top of the substrate?

Cheers,
Josh
Blackecho Posted - 11/09/2010 : 10:01:01
Are the heatmats under the tank?

Put the probe on the floor of the hot end along with a digital thermometer probe and then adjust the thermostat until you get the correct temperature on the thermometer reading.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000