The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 humidity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaronjg Posted - 08/10/2010 : 16:25:39
is humidty a major issue is it really requied because i struggle to keep it up at 60% i have a moist box with moss in it and to maintain it at 60 i have to spray it about 3 tyms a day i also neaver see him in it so cud i jus take it out?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bonez007 Posted - 17/10/2010 : 12:19:28
yeah with mine i keep normal room humidity about 40-50% and when i notice blue eyes i spray the viv once every couple days and move water over by ahs heater get it up to 60-70% had no problems with shed this way

nic
Aaronjg Posted - 08/10/2010 : 23:38:48
thanks alot for adice ill take it out tomoz when weighing him and sort sumthin out until i get a climbing branch to fill the space and giv him more oppertunity thanks again AJ
spor Posted - 08/10/2010 : 20:49:44
you'll find that normal humidity is fine and a moss hide is not always needed. so you don't need to worry about it tp much unless of course your royal is shedding badly on a regular basis. to do what you need to maintain a 60% is more likely un settling to the snake, as it is frequently disturbed. so in fact although you think the misting is good, it can also have a negative effect.
Blackecho Posted - 08/10/2010 : 19:56:00
I'm with her, I never spray. May put a moist hide in if remember.
Aaronjg Posted - 08/10/2010 : 17:17:14
ok thanks anyway BATS
n/a Posted - 08/10/2010 : 16:39:46
As far as I understand it, unless a royal's shedding, normal humidity ie the same humidity you'd have in your living room, is fine. If the snake is shedding then the moss hide is a good idea - especially if the snake will spend some time in it.

Other people may have different ideas?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000